1.    #1  
    I had a few issues on my 1/21/10 new Pre. The main issue was the dreaded growing crack from the USB port. I had to pull teeth to get a refurb from Palm. I had to call that 'secret' 407 area code to finally get a refurb for the $29.95 advance exchange fee.

I spent close to two hours last Friday trying to activate it; only to find out that Palm never entered the replacement phone's data into their system, or Sprint's. I had to wait until Monday to activate it. I accomplished that pretty painlessly via the Sprint website. I had backed-up my pics, etc, and mostly everything went pretty well. I lost several contacts and apps, but it was mostly pretty smooth.

The refurb is perfect. The keys are just a little bit better and the slider is tight. My last one never got that bad either. No complaints whatsoever with the quality of the refurb - well, compared to the new one.

The Palm experience left me kind of soured to them. I really had to work on it. I thought they could have been more accommodating and I'm a 'kill 'em with kindness' kind of customer. I was very polite and non-demanding, as is my usual nature.

Anyway, I truly hope to see some good stuff coming in the next few months. I have just about 60 days to go until my upgrade date and I'll be hankering for something new. WebOS 2.0 may tide me over for a while however. I'm just not wow'd by anything else out there right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinPaul View Post
    The refurb is perfect. The keys are just a little bit better and the slider is tight. My last one never got that bad either. No complaints whatsoever with the quality of the refurb - well, compared to the new one.
    I had the same result with my refurbish palm pre last monday. I hope nothing goes wrong with it. I would hate to have to replace it for another one.