Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Does it drain battery in the background when nothing in requesting information? FB places spends a minute or two finding where I am, which leaves me wondering as to whether or not the GPS does anything when it's not being requested by an app (in other words does it frther injure my battery?)?
    Yes, because those types of programs are constantly updating to keep a fixx on your current location, even when you aren't using an app that requires them.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I have found that as long as there is nothing in the background requesting GPS locations the GPS stays dormant.
    Sure it does, just like keep the time correct drains your battery. Do a search, you will see the vast majority of folks around these parts agree that very little additional battery drain is caused by leaving gps enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    Does it drain battery in the background when nothing in requesting information? FB places spends a minute or two finding where I am, which leaves me wondering as to whether or not the GPS does anything when it's not being requested by an app (in other words does it frther injure my battery?)?
    Just keep in mind that any programs, or application that runs in the background uses more battery power.
    Sorry - I can't answer that question because I'm on Verizon and not allowed to use my GPS.
    Last edited by not-yet-pre; 11/20/2010 at 10:10 AM.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~