Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

A few months back I got a replacement Pre Plus due to proximity sensor/sound production issues. My original Pre Plus had no troubles with WiFi or Bluetooth reception; all was well with the world.

I've noticed that my replacement seems to have worse reception for both. Oftentimes my phone won't even pick up my Wifi network when I'm in the same room as the access point.

My suspicions were furthered last night when I pulled out my Bluetooth headset for the first time: Unless the phone is inches away from the headset, there is a ton of static in the earpiece and people have a hard time understanding me.

Has anyone else run into this sort of thing? Is there some sort of antenna issue that I just don't know about?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have had the same issue on a replacement pre minus, I took it back about a week later and they gave me a new one. But I thought it was a fluke, maybe not?
    if it's not right, make them send another until it's right. just make sure it's really the phone. grab a cup of coffee at starbucks and see if you have problems with their wifi. It's free, and you deserve a chance to relax and have a cup of coffee while you read the paper or surf the web.

If the problem persists, make them replace it with one that works.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    It happened to me too, but with different devices. One had a bad keyboard, one had a bad speaker, one had no wi-fi reception, one had no cell reception. I called them and they sent me another unit each time, I eventually went through 7 before I found one that works reasonably well.