1.    #1  
    first of all, i appreciate all the hard work everyone does over here with apps and mods and what not..but ive had a few bugs that i wanted to see if anyoen had a fix for...

1. i typically leave a few cards open (phone app, messaging, calendar) and sometimes ill have 2 or 3 text conversations open as well (open convos in new card tweak)

the problem is when i get a new text from an existing conversation and i click it on the bottom in the notification area, it reverts to the messaging app and not the open conversation. now i have 2 identical cards of the same conversation... what's annoying about it is many times i cant swipe backwards to the main page...the only way i can go back is swiping the card away and reopening it.

my question is, is there anyway someone can program it to search for the open conversation and open the msg in the existing conversation card vs. the main messaging card? and if that's not possible at least make it so that it opens a text from notification to a new card??

2. sometimes i put the phone on speaker and lay it down..the screen often turns off by itself which is fine, but sometimes i need to turn on the screen to do something...i have a bad habit of pushing the power button which hangs up on the person. the only real way to turn on the screen without disconnecting is to slide up.

my question is can u make it so that adjusting the volume would turn on the screen? or maybe that 1 click power would turn the screen on, 2 clicks to disconnect (in other words only disconnect when the screen is on...)

3. this one probably exists already, but i havent found it yet- i have the tweak to save numbers as "do not answer" to ignore, but how do i do the same for numbers that show up as "unknown number" ? i get bombarded with calls from solicitors and im just sick of it....

thanks for the help everyone keep up the good work.. i hope these make sense and hopefully someone would come up with a good solution..
    Okay, on the first one, that is odd, because for texts, when I click the notification it always goes to the relevant conversation, so that's not normal behavior. What messaging patches do you have installed?

On 2, I have no idea, because I rarely talk on the phone.

#3, I use the patch that blocks any number not in my contact list. The person who had this number before me didn't pay any of his bills, plus I have had an ***** givinng out my #. They can still leave a voicemail and you can still return the call, if necessary, but it won't ring through.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I had to check the name of the patch, it's Call Block Anyone Not in Contacts.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Ok I really need to connect with you verwon as I'm too afraid to Preware - patch my phone.
    I'm pretty sure the new card per convo tweak was doing the same to me (the qi tweak, not a patch) and that y I took it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Ok I really need to connect with you verwon as I'm too afraid to Preware - patch my phone.
    if you already have and are using webos quick install, then getting and using preware is super easy.
    you don't have http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...end-calls.html installed do you? Didn't know power button to end calls works without it.
    First problem is definitely from "New Card per Convo".

Sounds like all three are patch-related and you probably should ask these in the patches/requests forum.
    #1 is normal behavior that I've seen on my Pre since early inception of that particular patch. The notification uses the main text window by default whenever you choose to open a notification using bottom balloon icon (after you receive a new notification).

If you have an open window with John for example and then then you receive a text from John, you can always just slide to the card with John's conversation and maximize that window.

Obviously this doesn't work if you receive a text from someone that your device is currently not displaying in a card.

If you DO open the notification using the balloon icon, you can always swipe back using the meta-tap area and that will take the open text/conversation window back to the main text command card (main text window).

These are work-arounds and not solutions. I'm assuming that your request is far more complicated at the current time.

2. It sounds as if you have a patch that ends all calls with the power button. I don't see that behavior on my Pre. I just tried it again using the speaker, allowing the screen to go dark and then lighting the screen once again using the power button. It did not hang up the call. Screen illuminated with no issue.

3. I'm not familiar with that patch so I can't help with that one.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 11/19/2010 at 01:59 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10.    #10  
    thanks for the answers guys, im gonna repost this into the right forum...

1, @Achill3s, yeah im doing the workarounds right now, but they're not always successful. sometimes when i open a new message from "john" it wont allow me to swipe back to the main text window. the only way to do that is to swipe away and reopen the app. this is the main reason i asked for a solution.

2. yes, i forgot i had a patch installed. i actually use that patch regularly, i just kinda wanted it modified so that if the screen does go black, u can use different buttons (volume) or single-tap power to turn it back on. (i usually rapid fire like 3 or 4 times anyway until i hear the disconnect beep lol)

3. problem is i dont want actual numbers not saved in my phone not to go through. (triple negative?? haha) meaning, if i get a call from a 123-456-7890 i want it to go through, but not a blocked number or an unlisted number. also i want a patch to block specific area codes. meaning i live in south fla, i dont know anyone in montana or dakotas, or delaware... yet i get solicitor calls from those states. i get random 305 or 954 numbers call me (that i want to allow) because those are usually friends/family calling me from work or home #'s etc.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Its very easy... Im not just saying that but it really is... You dont have to know any command line stuff at all
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Look into Advanced Configurations for System Preferences. That will fix your Phone app problems, both for turning the screen on and the other thing.

As for the first one, I don't know, I recommend just overclocking and using the Messaging app as normal. When it's overclocked there's no real problem of switching between convos quickly.

I recommend using Preware. There's nothing to be afraid of. Basically right now what you're doing is a metaphor of this:

You have Windows 7, but you're too scared to download anything from the internet(third party stuff) so you download all the stuff that's filtered by Microsoft. The stuff filtered by Microsoft isn't bad, it's just not everything you could experience.

Do it, you won't regret it. Plus you can always go back on whatever you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Look into Advanced Configurations for System Preferences. That will fix your Phone app problems, both for turning the screen on and the other thing.

As for the first one, I don't know, I recommend just overclocking and using the Messaging app as normal. When it's overclocked there's no real problem of switching between convos quickly.
    i dont have a problem switching between apps..now thats just stupid. im referring to having open conversations which get replaced by other conversations when i get a text from a different person. instead of opening a new window, it opens over the other persons convo, i cant swipe back, and i cant load the main messaging app. the only option is to swipe away, reopen the main messaging app, and open the convo again in a new window...
    NOT A SPEED PROBLEM, its the amount of clicks and processes to get back to how it was. if you cant understand that jakey dont bother replying -everyone else understands it fine..thanks for your suggestion but if i have a problem with MY PHONE BEING SLOW, i would overclock it. if u actually read what my problem is, i dont think any overclocking can make my thumbs click faster. but hey thats just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly (15th October) View Post
    I'm gonna work on doing this this weekend when I can just be alone and cry when I break my phone.

You chickened out in October then?