Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I Bought a used pre plus a few weeks ago and i noticed some of the keys take a few press/or hard presses to work. Would Vernon replace this under manufacture warranty?
    if it has been less than 1 year since original activation, yes. Call customer service and they will help you.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    well since the palm pre plus hasn't been out for a year it is then right?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    also would they charge me anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if it has been less than 1 year since original activation, yes. Call customer service and they will help you.
    Normally, yeah. But he isn't the original owner. Will they still cover it with a warranty replacement if he bought it used?
    It won't hurt to ask customer services! If it is used, you probably paid less than full price for the phone anyway. If you get it replacfed great. If not, them you have not lost much.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw3wags View Post
    I Bought a used pre plus a few weeks ago and i noticed some of the keys take a few press/or hard presses to work. Would Vernon replace this under manufacture
    warranty?
    Manufacture warranty is usually done from the manufactured company. If you have insurance on your phone plan then you could have the phone repair or replace. However, if you don't have any insurance and the phone is still under warranty, then contact Palm customer service and discuss your problem with them.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    is there any special number I should call?
    Officially, warranty applies to the original owner that bought the product from an authorized reseller Verizon is prolly going to give you issues for their system does not show that you bought the phone from them, happened to me, but Palm wouldnt give lip as long as the original warranty is still alive. Call Palm customer service at 8774263777 .
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    how long does it take palm to replace a phone?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I tried palms chat support and they told me to go to Verizon.
    That tech rep passing the buck to VZW on a used device is wrong. Oh wait you did chat, yeah they don't do warranty work there and that's all I'm willing to say about chat that wont be unprofessional. Do call that number posted above for help. If you didn't buy the phone from VZW then they will tell you buy a new one from them, past experience from the big red

Wont kill you to call VZW but my experiences with used devices through them was that I was SOL.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I bought a used Sprint Pre for my son and then found out that the keys were sticking on lots of the letters of the keyboard. They would not work or they would type the letter twice. I took it in to the Sprint store, and their guy fixed it completely, free of charge. He said that he just cleaned under the keyboard, there was a lot of dust and grime in there. It has been perfect ever since.