Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by corsavan View Post
    Make that 4. I have an overclocked Pixi+.
    I would imagine that the Pixi would do better than the Pre, but I would have thought that most Pixi users would have bought it because it looks pretty. I am amazed that you have homebrewed the Pixi. Good on you!

Why the Pixi though? I couldn't cope with the lesser hardware specs and the even weaker app support for UK customers.

A question for all UK WebOS users... will you be buying new hardware shortly after it has been announced? Assuming of course we have the opportunity to do so. When the Pre first came out in the US I had to wait about 6 months to get mine.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    I would imagine that the Pixi would do better than the Pre, but I would have thought that most Pixi users would have bought it because it looks pretty. I am amazed that you have homebrewed the Pixi. Good on you!

Why the Pixi though? I couldn't cope with the lesser hardware specs and the even weaker app support for UK customers.

A question for all UK WebOS users... will you be buying new hardware shortly after it has been announced? Assuming of course we have the opportunity to do so. When the Pre first came out in the US I had to wait about 6 months to get mine.
    I will definitely be buying one when my upgrade is due in march, if it is available. I want to stick with hp palm, but if i have to wait 6 months, im gonna have to get a different phone, because my pre plus is dying

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlD89 View Post
    I will definitely be buying one when my upgrade is due in march, if it is available. I want to stick with hp palm, but if i have to wait 6 months, im gonna have to get a different phone, because my pre plus is dying
    My Pre Plus is quite new as I had to get a new one because of a swimming pool accident. I'm actually less excited about a new phone and more excited about the Pad. However, I'm in the same boat as you as my contract is expiring very soon; 18 month contact 2 days after Pre came out.
    Nope, can't justify upgrading until my contract allows me to, so Nov-Jan depending on what O2 reward level I'm actually on. Given O2's previous lackluster support of Palm though I'm not even certain they'll stock the new hardware.
    I just remembered,Back of the net.
    It's in preware it's good for up to date football scores.
    RE,freetether i drive for a living,
    So i take my laptop with me.
    Never had a charge from 02 for using it.

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    i'm gonna wait to see if the new hardware is comparable to the latest android stuff. Then wait for my 2year contract to expire. Then i'm going to see if o2 support it better than my launch day pre. Really want the latest but HP and O2 need to earn my custom.
    I'm in Milton Keynes, so I don't really have much use for an underground map. However, I did download one for a day trip once, and it was so bad that I didn't use it.

I'll have to check out the O2 Priority app. Sounds interesting.
    Milton Keynes hey - So am I! See, you didn't have to travel all they way to the USA to find another Pre user
    Another UK webOS user here.

I'll be snapping up the next device as soon as it's available (tablet and phone)!

A couple of Apps I use are London Evening Standard and although I don't travel much on the Underground I still have an Oyster Card and have downloaded the Travel Check app and there is the Cardsender UK app that you design a postcard with a photo and pay around 2.00 and a postcard is printed and sent for you (have yet to use it though).

Hi all from another UK webOS user here, running a Palm Pre Plus with WebOS 2.1

Just picked up a Pixi Plus for my missus (to replace her Nokia E71),

Really keen to see how the Pre 3 & Veer stack up, also really tempted by the TouchPad. Just hope HP can get their act together and commit to launch dates & confirm UK carriers (ideally o2 & Voda).

I've only ever seen one other person with a Pre (that was a Pre Plus too), makes a change from all of the iPhones out there...
    National Rail Status beta app in the AppScoop beta feed. Works well.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hi guys , UK user . Thanks for the tips , I will add to my apps. I can upgrade on 16th march but O2 has no Pre2 so I bought a Pre2 which works well (not sure I will buy veer or Pre3 as I am unsure about screen sizes) . I am off to Tesco pay monthly (assuming no problems ) on 16th April ( good deal on price) . Cheers.
    Hi fellow UK WebOS users (all three of you),

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before, but I wanted to start a thread for UK WebOS users, specifically in regards to the UK app catalogue. Hopefully this will help new and existing users alike.

Below is a list of applications that work especially well for the UK Palm Pre; those apps that are either available to UK users (but not available elsewhere), or that replace apps that are not available for UK users.

Spotify - The most recent addition for UK (and some european users). Wirelessly sync your music from your computer to your phone, and download music that you don't own and store it on your device.

Navit - The best SatNav application that we've got. This is improving all the time and currently works really well. I use it for long distance journeys along with Spotify and it works great. The music dips when the SatNav speaks, and returns once it is finished.

MoBank - Despite a few technical issues, and a few minor freezes, this app allows me to check my bank balance and mini statements by only entering a 4 digit pin number (not my banking pin number). Mobile banking made easy with some cool features that will (maybe) be implemented in the future.

Lost.fm - Recommended by Cyril
    A good alternative or Companion to Spotify

UK Radio - Recommended by 5 sisters
    For your Chris Moyles fix

DrPodder - Recommended by hagster
    Works well for all the Radio 4 podcasts (especially Friday night comedy)

O2 Priority - Recommended by hagster
    Good for Gigs

FreeTether - Recommended by 5 Sisters (sort of)
    For sharing your phone's internet connection

TVCatchup Mobile (http://m.tvcatchup.com:1500/) - Recommended by PreGP
    Not an app, but a must-have TV streaming service

AuctionMate Pro - Recommended by nuts
    A must-have for Ebayers

M.E.N. Media - Recommended by KarlD89
    Good for keeping up to date with your football news

Beeb News - Recommended by KarlD89
    Read news from the BBC website

If anyone has any others that they are using, please feel free to add below.

Best Regards,

Casion
    Is Navit still in the app catalog because I cant seem to find it

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrl+Alt+Pigeon View Post
    Is Navit still in the app catalog because I cant seem to find it

It's homebrew. Find it in Preware.
    Another webos user here up in sunny Sunderland lol, using webos 2.1 with flash on overclocked original O2 Pre-.

I will also hopefully be upgrading to the next HP/Palm if O2 gets its act together and brings the veer/pre 3 to these shores.
    Personally I hope it arrives unlocked or on another network like 3 or T-Mobile. O2 are the worst network here and their 500MB limit on my current contract, I swapped down and they didnt make it clear that I would be subject to the new lower limit, is a pain. I have reached it 2 months running!

Pre Plus on Webos 2.1 rocks though...I wonder if they will ever officially release it. I know they wont unlock my handset because it is an 'O2 exclusive', as I pointed out thats a bit of a joke as Palm/HP on O2 is now a non-existent and to continue to lock us in because nobody else has the Pre + or Pre 2 in the UK is ridiculous.

John
    ex-Iphone 4 user - Palm Pre + (ex-O2 Unlocked using Nextgenserver, WebOS 2.1) and loving it.
    Hi all. Cant seem to get TVcatchup to work. Logged in but just says 'error in playback'. anyone else get it working? (pre- running 2.1).

Thanks.
    Here's a couple more:

National Rail Status Beta (pretty good already)
    London Tube Service

I also use tether (though never enough to make a dent on my bandwidth from O2), but have never quite had the use for Spotify to justify the 9.99 per month...
    ...btw - what's the odds on two of the only UK Pre users on her being richardtank and richardfrank ?!

;-)
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    ...btw - what's the odds on two of the only UK Pre users on her being richardtank and richardfrank ?!

;-)
    Lol, you two are made for each other!

Sorry I have not been updating the title post with more apps, been busy procrastinating

I will get to it soon I promise. Thanks to everyone who's posted in, even just to let us know that we are not alone in the UK. I've got to admit that I'm shocked at how few people are making themselves known. I think we should either use this post to count the UK users as well, or start a new post. I'm interested, I don't know about you.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast