Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    is it possible to download a movie to the pre with it's browser then transfer to a pc...if so what site and how
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Why would you do that instead of using the pc to download it?
    I use an app called Download Manager for stuff like that since hitting URLs in the webapp can just trigger a stream. Just hold down the option key (white or orange one) and then tap on the URL for the download and then paste it into the Download Manager app. It will put the download into Media/Internal/Downloads and does show in USB drive in the download folder. Same place the web app does it if it would trigger a stream.

Download Manager is free in the App Catalog. There is a paid variant called Frizzle that will give you extra trimmings on top.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    I use an app called Download Manager for stuff like that since hitting URLs in the webapp can just trigger a stream. Just hold down the option key (white or orange one) and then tap on the URL for the download and then paste it into the Download Manager app. It will put the download into Media/Internal/Downloads and does show in USB drive in the download folder. Same place the web app does it if it would trigger a stream.

Download Manager is free in the App Catalog. There is a paid variant called Frizzle that will give you extra trimmings on top.
    Nice, I didn't know about that app. You can also install a patch called browser multi mod, which gives you the option to stream or download any streaming media from the web.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Why would you do that instead of using the pc to download it?
    because I'm poor...and the only source of internet I have is my phone and the mobile hotspot.....but since I've been advised by a few people not to use it as my main source of internet...i haven't been. So yeah.