1.    #1  
    1. I reinstalled the webos doctor, and now my sms software only allows me to type 20 characters and no more. Can you please tell me how I can adjust this, and if in preware, under which category and which item.
    2. Why does the sound keep going out on my palm pre. If I need a new ear piece, how and where can I order one?
    3. Why is the power button hard to turn on? Is there something I can do about this.

Looking forward to any help you can give.
    Hey there...

a couple questions

.. When did I get your pre;why did you dr it? And did you have any patches?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for responding. I was having problems with the sound and thought if I reset everything, it would work. It was driving me mad. I did install patches after the first doctor. Don't think I have them now. If I have to redo it, I will not know which one to use? Can you help me. Also, I purchased my phone in November, 2009.
    If you had patches on your phone before doctoring... They are most likely still there.. Some files may be messed up...

Check out the webos repair utility in the canuck coding forum

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  5.    #5  
    will check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by bdagirl View Post
    Thank you for responding. I was having problems with the sound and thought if I reset everything, it would work. It was driving me mad. I did install patches after the first doctor. Don't think I have them now. If I have to redo it, I will not know which one to use? Can you help me. Also, I purchased my phone in November, 2009.
    install preware and dld an app called Ghastly headset. Print the output on here. Try and push the headphone jack in and out of the socket several times in quick succession. Always make sure all audio related applications are fully shutdown before removing the headset.
    if the sound issue persists, get it replaced before the warranty expires.

the refurb will come with it's own warranty (cant remember if it is 30 days or 90 days).