Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    So I got a refurb from Sprint last night, and the new screen looks weird- it almost looks like there's a screen protector on it, causing "sparkly/rainbowy/pixely" looks on the screen... Almost like when a normal LCD screen gets dirty or dusty..

The only thing is, is it's not external- I just wiped the screen and it's still there.. Maybe it's on the inside? I'm not sure.. Anyone know how to get rid of this? It's really annoying especially on a white screen like FB or e-mail.

Thanks!
    If wiping it off doesn't do anything.. Call sprint or return the device for another. There are plenty refurbish for you to get a good one.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    There is an oil like liqiud between the LCD screen and digitizer. When the to halfs are separated and put back to geather it will cause rainbowing. Sounds like your refurb had a screen issue. When they refurbed it they messed with the screen. If the liqiud isn't perfectly even through out, the rainbowing will appear.

Its like putting a screen protecter on and attempting to remove bubbles. But, worst cause its liqiud and the digitizer is ridged (ribed).

I agree with RUSH, return it. They won't give you a problem. They seem good about replacing refurbs.

Good luck.
    Its DOA, try again.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I received one like that a while back and if you lok at the right angle you can tell it was on the outside and there were very small bumps on the screen like an "orange peel" effect...well at least on mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    to geather
    How is the weather in geather?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    How is the weather in geather?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url= Beta[/url]
    *together. Lol

Does that mean I don't get an A+ teach?
    An A -. Just like your Pre! :-P

Hmm, messed that up in Forums Beta. I flunk too!

Just picked up my replacement pre and before I left the store I noticed this exact issue (rainbow, sparkles etc.) I showed the tech and he agreed and ordered me another ... wow what fun .... this is getting tiresome ..... new and good hardware pleeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!