1.    #1  
    I have been trying to enter a repeating (weekly) event which starts on January 12, 2011, and it keeps disappearing. I've tried a bunch of times and given up. I googled and found postings from people who had troubles syncing with Yahoo or Google calendars, but I'm not syncing with third-party calendars: this is a Palm calendar event.

I'm really getting discouraged by all the flaws in Palm's replacement applications for the Palm Pre. I made the decision to upgrade to the Pre largely based on a very high level of satisfaction with the calendaring and contact management apps I had been using for many years on my older Palm handhelds. It was a real shock to learn that Palm had thrown out all of the good features of those apps and replaced them with inferior substitutes.
    I have the same issue. A fair amount of time on chat with Palm folks didn't resolve it. Once I set an entry to repeat, it vanishes. I'm not syncing with any other programs.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? What an annoying glitch!

palmagain
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I did come up with a solution. I abandoned Palm calendar events and switched to using a Google calendar, which works just fine. I'm afraid, since this bug is just one in a long line of defects, that the ultimate solution will be to give up on Palm altogether.
    I haven't been able to duplicate it, but I've noticed that sometimes the page scrolls to early morning or late in the day so the appointment cant be seen unless you scroll. Try that just for fun...

And I hate to say this, but DO NOT use the palm profile for calendar OR contacts. You can't export the calendar or access any palm profile data from a browser.

I use Pocket Mirror to synch with Outlook, but if you are ok with using gmail/hotmail/yahoo for calendar... you will be so much happier. If you don't use them for email, you can remove the account from email and leave it in the calendar app.

Obviously, if this is a bug Palm should fix it. But, until they provide web access and export to Palm profile data, I always recommend that you avoid it. Same is true for tasks and memos. Putting them in your Palm profile is a black hole from which they can never return...