1.    #1  
    For the last couple days, my slider hasn't been smooth on my Pre+. It's felt like a rock or something was stuck in the track. Today, a tiny little screw fell out of the left side (from the area that overlaps when the phone is opened to expose the keyboard).

I don't see anywhere the screw should be, the phone opens and closes smoothly again, and I don't have increased Oreo effect.

I put the screw in an envelope to save it, but I'm thinking I'm just not going to worry about it. For those of you that have an idea of what the phone looks like internally, should I worry?
    I dont see where a screw could fall out of the phone. Maybe it got stuck in there from being in your pocket or something. If it works fine now that the screws out, maybe you dont have anything to worry about.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    The same exact occurrence happened with my phone. Losing that screw is nothing to worry about. Your phone will continue to slide open and close correctly. So no, no need to worry my friend.
    Go to your repair shop and have them open it up and replace the screw. These screws are what keep the slider on track and the phone together.

Sometimes they come lose and will fall out between the 2 pieces behind the keyboard part of the phone.

It's not a big deal to get it fixed and shouldn't cost anything to have them fix it for a minimal amount if it isn't under warranty or you don't have TEP.
    This happened on my wife's pre as well just a short time ago. No ill effects since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBigE View Post
    For the last couple days, my slider hasn't been smooth on my Pre+. It's felt like a rock or something was stuck in the track. Today, a tiny little screw fell out of the left side (from the area that overlaps when the phone is opened to expose the keyboard).

I don't see anywhere the screw should be, the phone opens and closes smoothly again, and I don't have increased Oreo effect.

I put the screw in an envelope to save it, but I'm thinking I'm just not going to worry about it. For those of you that have an idea of what the phone looks like internally, should I worry?
    If the phone slider mechansm runs and feel smoothly(Like the one I now have) then what are you worrying about.
    FYI I had 1 screw fall out and then the second one started to go and the phone was coming apart. This is why I say just run by your repair place.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks, everyone, for the responses. I think I'll just ignore it and hope it will last until February, when I get the one year upgrade credit. I'll want to upgrade to the Pre2 by then anyway (or, hopefully, will have other WebOS options out or coming soon at that time).
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    yep I had all the screws fall out of my pre and the whole thing fell in half. Went into the store and got a new one. I just saved any of the screws I could find.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBigE View Post
    Thanks, everyone, for the responses. I think I'll just ignore it and hope it will last until February, when I get the one year upgrade credit. I'll want to upgrade to the Pre2 by then anyway (or, hopefully, will have other WebOS options out or coming soon at that time).
    so let me get this straight... your phone is defective and you are not going to get it fixed? i take it either you caused the damage or you do not have insurance to cover it? keeping a broken phone is not a good option. swing by a sprint tech center and have them fix it for you.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    so let me get this straight... your phone is defective and you are not going to get it fixed? i take it either you caused the damage or you do not have insurance to cover it? keeping a broken phone is not a good option. swing by a sprint tech center and have them fix it for you.
    I have a Pre+ on Verizon and I have no idea where a VZW tech center might be or if they even exist. And I'm not sure if the phone is broken or not yet. We'll find out. Until then, I'm going to ignore it because everything is operating as it should (for now, with the exception of the h, c, and k keys but I doubt the screw affects them).
    One other thing I'd like to add to this is that when my screw fell out I started have the Oreo situation and when they put the screw back in and tightened the other side I have absolute no Oreo at all.

Are you in Tucson(I see AZ in your name) the Verizon store on Broadway has a tech center but you can always try one of the Montano's (they normally service Sprint so it may cost you a few $$) as they can usually repair it even if you aren't with Sprint.