Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i just got a brand new pre broke my old one yesterday trying to update firmware and it says its up to date while im still running 1.1
  2.    #2  
    im dying here people
    You don't update the firmware, you update the operating system (webOS).
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #4  
    what ever man i need help
    I'd try to help if I was sure you were trying to manually update webOS and not the firmware.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  6.    #6  
    when i go to updates on the phone its not pulling up any updates for new versions of webos
    where is it telling you that you have 1.1? Can you post a screen shot?

Also, what carrier, country, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    where is it telling you that you have 1.1?
    THIS...

The last 2 replacements I've gotten (Sprint) have already had 1.4.5 on them.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    THIS...

The last 2 replacements I've gotten (Sprint) have already had 1.4.5 on them.
    I was asking the OP, because (like you) I think he really has 1.4.5 and there is some other aspect of the phone where he is reading something else.

OP, please post a screen shot.
  10.    #10  
    i have a sprint phone it is running palm web os version 1.1 i bought the phone from someone who never used it
    Download the 1.4.5 Sprint webOS doctor and doctor it to 1.4.5. Nothing to lose since you just got it.

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I was asking the OP, because (like you) I think he really has 1.4.5 and there is some other aspect of the phone where he is reading something else.

OP, please post a screen shot.
    Oh I know, I was agreeing with your question, and then backing that up with the fact my replacements from Sprint came with 1.4.5 already on them. Was strange he/she would have 1.1 on a brand new Pre.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  13.    #13  
    wll hope this works this timedeviceinfo_2010-17-11_132035.jpg
    When you started the thread out with trying to update firmware, I was a bit skeptical that you knew what you were doing. My apologies to you.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  15.    #15  
    i have downloaded music and set up the phone is that going to be deleted?
    the doctor wont delete what is on the USB drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornm24 View Post
    i have a sprint phone it is running palm web os version 1.1 i bought the phone from someone who never used it
    If you had stated that in the OP, it would have avoided a lot of confusion.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  18.    #18  
    what will it delete?
    Doctoring the phone won't touch your USB partition, but that was changed in later OS versions. BUT... I would encourage you to back your files up onto your computer just in case since your current webOS version is so old.
    it will reset the phone part to factory fresh at 1.4

it's safe and simple. just to be safe, copy everything on the USB portion to your PC so you have a backup.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast