1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, I've recently snapped my beloved Palm Pre Plus in two. The front piece and back piece are disconnected almost totally from each other; the only thing holding them together is the top ribbon and two metal wires. I can still plug the front half into the charger or a computer, but all that shows on the Pre's screen is a white battery symbol with a question mark in it. I have a lot of important data stored on the phone, and I'm bound and determined to get it off of the phone, but I don't know how. I'm aware that the Palm Profile automatically saves and backs up certain data, I'm not terribly interested in that. Whether you tell me exactly how to rig the phone to work again, or even just tell me a good shop to take it to, any advice or knowledge on getting my data out would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if pictures are needed, I can take some and upload them as soon as I find the camera I used before I had a Palm Pre haha
    that symbol means the battery isn't charged emough, or isn't seated properly. If you can boot up the phone, Alt+sym+U puts it in usb mode so you can copy pics and files from the usb drive.

do you have contact data someplace other than your profile.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 11/16/2010 at 10:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHancock View Post
    all that shows on the Pre's screen is a white battery symbol with a question mark in it
    If you keep seeing this, your battery is not detected.
  4.    #4  
    I don't believe the battery will ever be seated properly again. I threw the phone into a wall, and I think the ribbon(?) that lets the phone know theres a battery inside of it is mugged up and won't work again.
    Throwing phone into wall, there is your sign! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that symbol means the battery isn't charged emough, or isn't seated properly. If you can boot up the phone, Alt+sym+U puts it in usb mode so you can copy pics and files from the usb drive.

do you have contact data someplace other than your profile.
    F***ing THANK YOU! My touchscreen has been broken for months, but i still had pics i hadn't yet copied over