1.    #1  
    Ok, so when i get a text that has to be split up into two messages, (like when it sends 1/2 then 2/2 then preceding message modified message), i get a bunch of weird characters and symbols in place of the actual text.

This has jsut started happening. It was working fine before. Has this happened to anyone else? And do you know how to fix it?

I have a Pre plus on verizon
    I have a Verizon Pre Plus and it has happened to me once. It was this morning at 7 am in NJ. It's been fine ever since. Sorry I'm not savvy enough to offer an explanation.
    when someone sends a text from a different service provider i think this can happen , not sure how to explain why but its all about how they code their texts or something i think.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    all the texts i received were from people with the same service provider, and i have received texts that were two messages long from these people before that were fine in the past
    I'm on Bell Mobility in Canada and this has happened twice to me. I only receive texts from my wife who is also with Bell from her Samsung instinct. I don't belive that the texts were more than one page (text page) long.
    The same thing has happened to me! It only started happening just a few days ago, with multiple text messages from someone on the same provider. I'm getting really sick of this phone!
    I wish I knew! This is what my Sprint Pre 2 was doing when I texted other people with it.

I think it has something to do with the text character encoding information becoming messed up. It will probably fix itself on a Verizon Pre Plus after syncing itself with the network. If you want to hurry it along, I suggest going into the Phone App and the Preferences menu from the top left. Then going down and hitting Update Network Settings.

I would ASSUME this would fix the issue on your phone.

Can't say the same about the Sprint Pre 2.