1.    #1  
    Is anyone using SR-71 Blackbird or does it use too much battery? I have been using uberkernel but I may step it up. I dont want significantly more battery drain.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  2.    #2  
    No one is using this kernel?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I belove the general story is stick with UberKernal, not all Pre's can handle the sr-71, and the added benefit pretty much only shows up emulation with vba, the rest of the OS is barely noticeably changed.
    I switched from uber to the blackbird about a month ago. After jacking with the voltages the difference in battery life is nill imo. I lose about 10%/hr with either (moderate use & push exchange). Maybe its all in my head but i think that sr71 runs smoother that what uber did. At least for my pre anyway.
    I've been using the SR-71 kernel since release. I do not see any more battery drain with this kernel vs any other overclocked kernel. All of the test kernels will drain your battery faster than a stock kernel will, uberkernel however is more "refined" than the more "bleeding edge" kernel files..
    I would suggest at least trying SR-71 yourself and run some tests with your hardware, you might find that your phone likes that kernel the best..
    sj
    Frankenpre here w/ sr71 and no voltage tweaking, I never wanna go back.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

i have the sr71 kernel.its pretty fast when I test it on Webos Mark test.i get a score of 660.nd I use a couple patches nd in govnah I use the lowest voltage on the CPU voltage
    i Used sr-71 since it came out until i updated to 2.1.0

Cant wait for it to come to 2.1.0.
    I, too, have been using SR71 since it came out... I tried Uberkernel for maybe a day and switched back to SR71. It's so much faster & smoother. As far as battery life, I use the Pre too much to really give a normal assessment. I am constantly charging and/or swapping battery, so unless there is a huge difference, it doesn't affect my usage scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i Used sr-71 since it came out until i updated to 2.1.0

Cant wait for it to come to 2.1.0.
    Is it not in the testing?

I use the F104, screenstate v2 1100/500
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    f1100? is that like 1.1ghz? i didnt even know :O
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    f1100? is that like 1.1ghz? i didnt even know :O
    Yes that's 1100 mhz, or ~1.1Ghz
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    nd what other settings do u have besides screentate v2deman 1100/500? do u tweak the voltage too?
    and i noticed it also says 10mb for compache memlimit..do we change that to 24? or 32?
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I, too, have been using SR71 since it came out... I tried Uberkernel for maybe a day and switched back to SR71. It's so much faster & smoother. As far as battery life, I use the Pre too much to really give a normal assessment. I am constantly charging and/or swapping battery, so unless there is a huge difference, it doesn't affect my usage scenario.
    same. i carry my charger with me everywhere. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Is it not in the testing?

I use the F104, screenstate v2 1100/500
    yes, this is what i am currently using on my pre.

and i noticed it also says 10mb for compache memlimit..do we change that to 24? or 32?
    i did the steps on the webOS 2.1.0 wiki to permanently set my compcache limit to 32mb.

so smooth. runs flash fairly well too. sometimes i get weird lock ups but i guess that's expected with everything i have installed. :P
    steps? whats steps? how come the 200/1100 doesnt work though?
    Probably better to move threads like this into the webOS Internals forum. The < 500mhz options in many of the UnixPsyco kernels have been removed due to the lack of stability many Pre's have shown under 500mhz.
    well the dafault 200/1100 does not seem to work. i had to make my own profile on v2 with 1100/500
    nd what other settings do u have besides screentate v2deman 1100/500? do u tweak the voltage too?
    I didn't mess with the voltages for this one, but I usually need to push mine up for 2.1.0. I use anticipatory IO and 'veno' TCP Congestion with 10 MB compcache.
    You don't need to change it, if you don't want to.
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

These steps.