Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm just curious to see what users here still have a Pre (Sprint, VZW, ATT, etc...) that haven't switched and that don't plan on switching.

I'll be waiting until a new WebOS smartphone. And maybe a SMARToaster and PalmPad.

I know we all have our tipping point too, what is yours?
    I think mine is a year and no new smartphone. This phone won't last much longer..

Also, when new devices that aren't Pre named come out, is this site still gonna be named PreCentral or is it going to be changed to WebOSCentral?
    Last edited by tooearly; 11/16/2010 at 01:08 PM.
    Sprint Love
    I don't see what the big deal is. I love webos but I don't love my pre anymore. It's a phone. Before the pre I never kept the same phone for more then a year. I have had this pre longer then any other device I have ever had. I will play with an evo (starting tomorrow) until there is a new webos device other then pre 2. I'm on sprint anyway so I don't think I was going to get that option anyway.
    I'm here. I had my 680 for 3 years - did the custom rom bit. Nothing compared to how you can tweak the Pre. I just got the Pre this summer. 2.0 will be like getting a new phone. Compared to how often PalmOS was updated, this is great.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is. I love webos but I don't love my pre anymore. It's a phone. Before the pre I never kept the same phone for more then a year. I have had this pre longer then any other device I have ever had. I will play with an evo (starting tomorrow) until there is a new webos device other then pre 2. I'm on sprint anyway so I don't think I was going to get that option anyway.
    It's not a big deal at all, i'm just curious. Also, that part I bolded in your quote - I was like you until the Pre as well but I bet none of your previous phones were anything close to smartphones now right? Look at my signature, obviously I'd want to get rid of my phones and get the newest one asap.
    Sprint Love
    I'll stay with Sprint till Summer of next year waiting for a new WebOS device. But if they don't get anything by then I will switch to whoever has the next WebOS device and pay whatever cancellation fees are required.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I had the centro before this one,,i still have it,tough little phone,lol. I am a kid at heart and as a over grown kid I enjoy new toys,lol.
    well being on Verizon presents pros and cons.
    Pro: they seem like they are theoretically getting the Pre2, so that gives me that option.
    Cons: 2 years in between upgrades. Makes you have to be much more strategic when you use them as you will either be committed for 2 years or forced to pay full price.

I am holding strong for now, but I've been eligible for an upgrade for a few months already so I am giving Palm until CES to announce something and then will choose whether to stay or go.
    Holding out for the next webOS device on Sprint.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I'm standing strong. I am not going anywhere.
    Ditto. I'm content right now with no reason to leave.

For people those who are on the fence, I'd recommend seeing at least what CES brings. I am on Sprint btw.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    well being on Verizon presents pros and cons.
    Pro: they seem like they are theoretically getting the Pre2, so that gives me that option.
    Cons: 2 years in between upgrades. Makes you have to be much more strategic when you use them as you will either be committed for 2 years or forced to pay full price.

I am holding strong for now, but I've been eligible for an upgrade for a few months already so I am giving Palm until CES to announce something and then will choose whether to stay or go.
    I feel ya, I've been available for upgrade for quite a while now.. I'm the Sprint Premiere (meaning I have yearly upgrades instead of 2 years) line and I've had a release day Sprint Pre... I'd really like to have a new phone, especially since my speaker doesn't work so I can't talk unless I'm on speakerphone.
    Sprint Love
    I'll probably wait a year to get the most out of my upgrade $ or not have to pay etf. But if my phone isn't keeping up with the coolest phone tech out there, the company behind it must be punished to learn their lesson!

so I'll reevaluate phone options in a year
    I'm staying with Sprint because I love the service. I will keep my Pre until it dies and I cannot get it repaired or replaced or I'll change (IF/WHEN) Sprint gets a new HPalm Device that is better than the Pre.

If they do not come out with one and my Pre dies I'll go with Epic or the upgrade from that. Currently I am eligible for an upgrade now.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I'm staying with Sprint because I love the service. I will keep my Pre until it dies and I cannot get it repaired or replaced or I'll change (IF/WHEN) Sprint gets a new HPalm Device that is better than the Pre.

If they do not come out with one and my Pre dies I'll go with Epic or the upgrade from that. Currently I am eligible for an upgrade now.
    I was going to type this exact thing.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I am staying with Sprint...I'm happy with my Pre, for now(thank you Hombrew), until I see something a bit more compelling on Sprint than the Evo or the Epic. Unfortunately, the Pre 2 isn't something I consider compelling either, since it's just a slightly beefed up version of what I currently have. Next year will definitely bring some competitive HP Palm devices, but whether they'll be on Sprint is a different story. For me, the need to switch hasn't presented itself yet, and I'll be keeping my upgrade discount until it does, hopefully with a webOS device, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    I'm riding it out
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    no hurry here, our Pre's are working fine. sprint full rebate isn't until 4/1/11.
    I see pandas.
    I also am going to be picking up some kind of tablet and would like to have the same OS for tablet and smartphone. i believe that HP (other than Apple) is in the best position to deliver this, so i'm waiting until CES in part to see if there is a good tablet/phone combo i can hop on board for.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I can't wait to play Angry Birds on my printer!

Oh, back to the question. I have a release Pre on Sprint and am staying with it until it dies. At that point I'll have a decision to make, but hopefully by then the choices will be different. To be honest I have been thinking about burning my upgrade on a new Pre from HP just to make sure it lasts, but am leaning towards waiting until after CES so I know the landscape better.

If it came down to switching OS or switching carriers, the decision would be tough. I am hoping it doesn't come to that.
    I just posted a thread the other day asking if I could use my Pre without a contract. I can, but just as a device. I'd like to get the Epic. I have friends with Galaxy S phones and they look great. Only thing is, sprint wants me to pay $250 (ok, $50 more than usual) plus $10 a month more. I'm not sure if that's for 4G, but I'm not feeling that.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I'm holding strong as well, though I do think Sprint is getting the shaft. Sprint was the guinea pig for the pre and they didn't even get the plus, not to mention any word of the pre2. I'll have to wait and hope that Sprint gets the flagship whichever phone that will be.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast