Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    @rothoof,

I like your device history. I would use something like that, but since I have two lines and my family has a couple, I switch them around a lot. But my palm history goes back to PDAs. and my palm phone history is too long. I have had several treos and a centro. Now with the pre+ which was long anticipated. I don't like the idea of switching, but I have one foot out the door ATM. At least with my work pre which has a bad KB.

My daughter has a Samsung Alias 2 and wants to change it for an iPhone, but her upgrade is in june and I told her it will be her $$ if she wants it. She's planning to sell her 32G 3g ipod...

I will be here if 1. get 2.? on my plus and or 2. I can get a pre 2 or 3...?
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    I'm on my fifth Sprint Pre and it's already acting up with a strange clicking sound coming from my phone at random times, followed by a switching back and forth between headset and standard phone. I've had this one for less than 2 weeks.

I've given Palm the benefit of the doubt because they were an independent, but that excuse won't fly next time around. I love WebOS and plan to stick around in the future, but another round of crappy hardware may just give me cause to reconsider.
    Question for you:

If you're on your 5th Pre and have a strange clicking sound.......WHY ON EARTH are you putting up with it????

I just got my latest (5th) Pre for a LOOSE BATTERY, which I did try and fix myself, but then after a few weeks I decided that was BS and why am I paying $7/month so I can fix my own phone. I made a 5 minute call and they promptly shipped me a new phone to my front door.

Problem solved (for now), and now 1 year into owning a Pre, back to a brand new phone. Doctoring old phones and reinstalling Preware, patches etc aren't much of an issue for me. Synergy takes care of the rest.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I have a 1.3 yr old palm pre (Sprint) Loud speaker is shot but other than that, I love my Pre!!!! I do have a lot of stuff on it and brought it in to the Sprint store to fix the speaker. They said they could only replace the phone. No way, I'm not going to go through getting all the homebrew apps put on another phone. Speaker or no speaker, I'll keep it till something new comea around.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Question for you:

If you're on your 5th Pre and have a strange clicking sound.......WHY ON EARTH are you putting up with it????

I just got my latest (5th) Pre for a LOOSE BATTERY, which I did try and fix myself, but then after a few weeks I decided that was BS and why am I paying $7/month so I can fix my own phone. I made a 5 minute call and they promptly shipped me a new phone to my front door.

Problem solved (for now), and now 1 year into owning a Pre, back to a brand new phone. Doctoring old phones and reinstalling Preware, patches etc aren't much of an issue for me. Synergy takes care of the rest.
    I plan to return the phone to the Sprint store and get a replacement Pre (again) sent to me, but it's a 30 min drive to the only Sprint store where I live. Plus they make you leave your phone for a mandatory and minimum 2 hours before they tell you what you already knew..that it can't be fixed and they'll send you another one. I've tried to have a replacement shipped by calling customer service, but each time I'm told I have to take my phone to the store to have that done.

Not sure if it makes me lazy that it's taking me this long to return the phone lol, but I grow weary of dealing with Sprint every now and then. That being said, I've had to make good use of my insurance plan during the past year with the Pre.
    I've had my Pre Plus for a year & have been a long time Palm user. I like the Pre interface, Homebrew, free tethering, and being able to swap batteries. I'm looking forward to seeing the new devices & may pay to get one before my current contract is up.

Right now my biggest problem with webOS is the lack of apps. I was disappointed with DataVize and some Bible apps. I hope things will get better.

For the forseeable future I'll stick with webOS rather than switching to a Droid or an iPhone. For me it is much to be preferred.
    tried many other platforms, wont be going anywhere.... ever.... period.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    I think I have left and came back three times for an off and on relationship with android. I've owned an evo for six months alone and other devices as well. After all that i'm tired of the "other" bs out there and i'm going to stay with webos. It's far better than anything else imo.
    I have my original pre since launch. Repaired twice but still overclocked patched and holding strong. Played with friends evo quite a bit and despite the nice hardware android still is not as fluid and as easy to use as webos. Can't wait till feb 9. I'm a webos faithfull.
    sticking with webOS. made the switch from windows mobile 6.1 on june 23 2009. Best decision ever. I'm on sprint so I'm hoping they get a 4G version.....thatll make me smile for days! I tried playin with android many of times because most of my friends have um. Very complicated and everything everywhere jus like windows mobile 6.1. CANT WAIT TILL FEB 9... Eeeeeeeeeee )
    My next phone will be WebOS even if I have to switch carriers.
    I am still beyond pleased with my (almost 1 year old) launch day Pixi Plus.

I have played with people's phones - Evo, My Touch 4g, iPhone, and none come close to how intuitive and open WebOS is.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    My second Pre (since Oct 09) finally started malfunctioning (the speaker blew) - and I found a great deal on a mint condition Pre Plus off of eBay -- so I did the radio swap and rockin' a Pre Plus on Sprint now.

I love WebOS - hope new phones come out soon, but I'm with Palm for the long run (and I fixed the speaker on my Oct 09 Pre)
    ditto as well. sprint+want new webos phone
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    I'm not holding my breath for anything going forward. It's been a good phone in some ways and I've loved the form factor (even with a Seidio extended battery). I've rooted it and modded it almost as much as possible. I've still got 17 months on my Verizon contract so I won't be throwing it away but I'll be using it mainly for mifi/tethering as I have an unlimited data plan. But lemme tell ya'...I just got a Captivate and after rooting it and flashing a custom rom, it leaves the Pre+ so far in the dust that it's embarrassing. I now have a bonafide information center that responds to voice commands and has a skype client I can use on wifi - 2 things the Pre+ has always lacked that were a rude awakening early on. There are some things we can do to make a device what we need it to be despite the lack of cooperation/progress we get from the manufacturers and carriers; unfortunately, HP Palm has not made it even possible for me to do the things I find essential for a smartphone though I’ve been quite willing to take the initiative and some possible risk to get it there. They’ve also displayed an incredible lack of regard for their fiercely loyal minority; who the h*ll do they think they’re going to build any future market share on??
    With my Android device, I can speak an address and almost instantly see a course plotted (with 3 choices) with voice directions ready to direct me. I can ask for information on any subject and if I enunciate the words clearly, I will see the search results in seconds, not to mention the ability to voice dial, open applications and dictate sms or emails which are accurately transcribed. I can use Skype in any hotspot without using my voice minutes with great audio fidelity. All with free apps. IMHO, I think HP Palms ship may have sailed. Without the loyal and precious minority I mentioned before, that just keeps shrinking because it’s been so let down, they’re going to have to find a whole new mother lode of gullible newbies no matter how cool their new stuff may look and seem, if they’re even going to be a player going forward. Even with the Pre 2 and WebOS 2 "just around the corner", it's far too little too late.
    One thing I’m not unhappy about is that thanks to my Pre+ and Verizon’s unlimited data plan, I now have the best possible internet access – that my Captivate (as well as my laptop) will be very happy to avail itself of!
    im still hanging in there... OG classic PRE since 6/09 . Feb.9th will merge PALM innovation with HP $$$, scale, hunger for mobile play. its gonna be *hot*
    Apple is cresting and Android is repeating itself.... #CES was a bore for android devices.
    iphone4 on verizon*yawn*
    the time is right... the ball is in HP court. Will they layup or slam dunk. #thinkbeyond feb.9th
    I've had my Palm Pre Plus AT&T since launch (May 2010). Holding strong & holding on. Yes the iPhone is tempting, but I do like my Palm.
    (still here)

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I'm never leaving Sprint, can't afford the others. As for the Pre, I'll use mins as long as it works. Still great! The only reason I'd switch from webOS is if my Pre dies and Sprint has no replacement using webOS (and I'm not including the Pixi as a replacement).
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    A bit OT, but jkeitz: You live in Nevada and you like the Islanders? I don't comprehend lol. I don't think I could be an Islanders fan if Garth Snow was my dad...
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Sprint Pre user. Will keep my Pre until Sprint gets a new Palm phone. Not waiting on a webOS tablet though. Going to buy an iPad this weekend, very amped. I'm NOT an Apple fan at all, but the iPad if frickin amazing.
    It's just an oversized ipod touch!!!!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I am very satisfied with my release day Pre from Sprint. Did have the speaker go bad, but Sprint fixed the speaker. I was starting to question my decision to hold out for the next WebOS device until my wife insisted that she didn't want to wait and ended up with an Android OS phone. I HATE it. It certainly renewed my love for my Pre. I am staying with WebOS definitely now. Not only is it the best OS, but the community of developers have the Android beat hands down.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast