Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Not going anywhere. Burned my upgrade on a new Pre- cause I couldn't get a decent refurb and didn't want Android. However, I can always add an additional line to get a new device at new customer cost and switch it after 30 days to my regular phone number so I was ok with burning my upgrade.

Also, if Sprint doesn't get new hardware until this summer, my upgrade is in September, anyway.

Furthermore, if I don't like the new hardware that becomes available for Sprint, I can 2 my Minus.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Not going anywhere. Burned my upgrade on a new Pre- cause I couldn't get a decent refurb and didn't want Android. However, I can always add an additional line to get a new device at new customer cost and switch it after 30 days to my regular phone number so I was ok with burning my upgrade.

Also, if Sprint doesn't get new hardware until this summer, my upgrade is in September, anyway.

Furthermore, if I don't like the new hardware that becomes available for Sprint, I can 2 my Minus.
    what happens after 30 days to the new line you switched your phone from?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I'm 15 and have no money to spend on a (total) $500+ off contract upgrade on top of existing data fees. I must say, I do look at people that 'switched back from an Evo after a month' and say... Wow... how much money did you just burn? I won't be eligible for a new phone till september of 2012 and that's when I'll buy one I guess.
    maybe if a competitively priced palmpad comes out with a free data model, or even with wifi only I could save up for it... I've got no idea.
    edit: if I bought a palmpad, it would have to not be branded with the hp logo. I'd have to tape over it :P
    On Sprint, you can try a phone for 30 days, with no penalties if you don't like it. You even get your upgrade back, if you return it and only pay a $35 restocking fee. So, they really didn't burn through much money, at all.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what happens after 30 days to the new line you switched your phone from?
    Well, since you've switched your phone to your primary number, you close the extra line with no ETF...

I will be on webOS for the forseeable future. Maybe if android becomes a bit more polished or iOS gets a decent notifications system I'll switch. But what are the odds of that?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Here and holding on.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    still here as well. Have an evo and use it as my house phone. Beautiful example of great hardware with a clunky os holding it back. Really hope that HP hits it out of the park feb 9th.
    I don't foresee changing
    I'm still here with my pre-

Am holding out for what is hopefully coming to sprint

I've had my Pre for just around a year. Just got my latest installment of replacements on Friday, and actually haven't even activated or taken the plastic off it yet, just let the battery get a good first charge. Something for me to do tomorrow, so that being said, 1 year into it, a brand spanking new phone......I'm not going anywhere for awhile.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I have had this phone longer than anything else I have owned (day one). I need a new phone but could hold out til Feb. I really like the size and OS. Wish it were faster, that is it. Considered the Evo and the iPhone but decided to hold out.
    I would not have any reason to want to go to any other phone besides the palm pre plus except I don't like how the upload and download speeds seems to be slower from the palm pre plus mobile hotspot to the iPod touch 4 but maybe this will be fixed with the new iPod software 4.3 that is coming out soon. I just hope this will fix it.
    Connection Type: WiFi
    Server: Saint Louis, MO
    Download: 0.12 Mbps
    Upload: 0.34 Mbps

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk on the VZW Network.
    I'm staying put!
    well until october at least,
    that should give enough time for the goodness to arrive,
    I hope!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Well, since you've switched your phone to your primary number, you close the extra line with no ETF...

Does this actually work?

This don't sound right to me, been with Sprint for many years
    and never heard of anything like this working.

More details please.... might have to go this route.
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    Does this actually work?

This don't sound right to me, been with Sprint for many years
    and never heard of anything like this working.

More details please.... might have to go this route.
    No it doesnt

I'm on my fifth Sprint Pre and it's already acting up with a strange clicking sound coming from my phone at random times, followed by a switching back and forth between headset and standard phone. I've had this one for less than 2 weeks.

I've given Palm the benefit of the doubt because they were an independent, but that excuse won't fly next time around. I love WebOS and plan to stick around in the future, but another round of crappy hardware may just give me cause to reconsider.
    Oh.. Lol... I didn't see that he quoted you .. the forums app doesn't display the quoted members' name just the quote

As stated in my deleted post: I was being facetious; of course you end up with a second line, but that can be useful; or you can pay the ETF for the line. Or pay full price for the new hardware.

unlike dumbphones, smartphones require some investment of money, time, and effort to fully appreciate their potential. therefore, making a switch to another platform is not something that can be done on a whim.

i chose webos and i want to stick with it, but i shouldn't feel like i'm compromising for making this decision. hp needs to deliver the goods. they need to get the developers on board.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I can't go anywhere, I'm too poor, but I would wait til 2/9 any way to see what they are going to show
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast