Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papachange05 View Post
    Still rocking my release day Sprint Pre-!!! Even with the broken USB door, the crack in the bottom right corner, and the repaired power button! I'm giving it until the announcement to decide whether or not to stay with Palm. I really want to, but a larger choice of apps, including one I really want (Slingbox), is enticing me to look elsewhere. Heres hoping you wow the world and gain the support of some large developers, H/Palm!
    Will you be able to use SlingBox with Flash in webOS 2.0 or is there something else you will need? I've been tempted to get a slingbox, so I'm curious what is required.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I'm just curious to see what users here still have a Pre (Sprint, VZW, ATT, etc...) that haven't switched and that don't plan on switching.

I'll be waiting until a new WebOS smartphone. And maybe a SMARToaster and PalmPad.

I know we all have our tipping point too, what is yours?
    I think mine is a year and no new smartphone. This phone won't last much longer..

Also, when new devices that aren't Pre named come out, is this site still gonna be named PreCentral or is it going to be changed to WebOSCentral?
    My tipping point was the confluence of my Pre acting up and cracking again, the lack of any immenent announcement (this was when it was clear there would be nothing at CES but before the Feb event was announced) the realization that even when something WAS announced, would probably not be until summer before it would be available, and the $99 Evo xmas special at radio shack (even got the free bt headset, that i then wrapped up and gave as a gift!).
    I'm gonna stick with webos. I have a year old pre+ and it's going strong. Ebay is your friend in this Pre-less world.
    I have a launch day Verizon Pre Plus that will be 1 year old on the 25th. I love the phone and intend to stay with webOS as long as I can get smartphones from HP. My Plus has worked flawlessly and I love the form factor so I have no reason to look at other devices.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Launch day Sprint Minus here still sticking with it

***holding back tears***
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Launch day Sprint Minus here still sticking with it

***holding back tears***
    Pre owner since June 2009 here...

UPS man just dropped off my T-Mobile HTC HD2 today.
    I've had my share of Palm Pre's, but im at a point where unless somthing better comes along I won't be switching from sprint. That new curved google android would be nice but it ended up not coming to sprint. So alas I continue waiting. From what i've been told, outlook not good for carriers. Im not interested in waiting another 6 months if my phone takes a dump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I've had my share of Palm Pre's, but im at a point where unless somthing better comes along I won't be switching from sprint. That new curved google android would be nice but it ended up not coming to sprint. So alas I continue waiting. From what i've been told, outlook not good for carriers. Im not interested in waiting another 6 months if my phone takes a dump.
    You should talk to pastorrich1 about putting your radio in a Pre2. He say's it's amazing...
    I'm here to stay. I love webOS and after coming from Android I just can't go back.... My breaking point? Honestly, the iPhone 4 and how fast jailbreaks come out is very tempting. If no new phone comes by May or June I think I will become an iPhone user. (Or WP7, if that comes to VZW)
    On ATT and will stay with WebOS. Will get a Pre 2 if my Plus <is disappeared like Dunbar> or a better WebOS phone if available and compatible with ATT.
    Last edited by gsparks2; 01/14/2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: expansion of thoughts
    im waiting with my pre minus which i got in august 09 and replaced once or twice and want nothing less than webOS in 2 months or less !! (i hope) lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You should talk to pastorrich1 about putting your radio in a Pre2. He say's it's amazing...
    If nothing new comes to sprint this year, I may do that.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    If nothing new comes to sprint this year, I may do that.
    I agree. But there's no doubt there won't be something at least somewhat awesome on Sprint eventually. (Hopefully within the first 6 months of this year)

Can't wait..! Glad to see all the support is still here. Especially from those Sprint Pre - users!! (Me included.)
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I agree. But there's no doubt there won't be something at least somewhat awesome on Sprint eventually. (Hopefully within the first 6 months of this year)

Can't wait..! Glad to see all the support is still here. Especially from those Sprint Pre - users!! (Me included.)
    I'm staying around also. The only Palm phones I've not owned are the 680 and 750, my wife has a centro, daughter a pixi, I'm on a Sept 09 Pre that's been great. It is starting to have little issues but I am VERY hard on phones, so I just ordered a Pre Plus off ebay as well as a broken down Pre Minus with a good ESN so I can build a Sprint Pre Plus and still have my Pre put back in case I mess it up.

I may sound like a fanatic (my Palm tattoo is down the line) but I love how intuitive the OS is...even Palm OS was simple and reliable. I look at these phones like a car, I like them if their not too hard to work on...
    I have my Pre + customized just perfect and have no reason to leave. I love my phone. I'm not one of those guys that switches phones because something shinier was released.

ET
    I'm still on my June 6th, 2009 Pre minus waiting for the next webOS superphone. The one thing that has kept me with webOS is the organized and professional manner which webOS-internals executes it's homebrew vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I'm still on my June 6th, 2009 Pre minus waiting for the next webOS superphone. The one thing that has kept me with webOS is the organized and professional manner which webOS-internals executes it's homebrew vision.
    +1
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I'm 15 and have no money to spend on a (total) $500+ off contract upgrade on top of existing data fees. I must say, I do look at people that 'switched back from an Evo after a month' and say... Wow... how much money did you just burn? I won't be eligible for a new phone till september of 2012 and that's when I'll buy one I guess.
    maybe if a competitively priced palmpad comes out with a free data model, or even with wifi only I could save up for it... I've got no idea.
    edit: if I bought a palmpad, it would have to not be branded with the hp logo. I'd have to tape over it :P
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Webos or Nothing! I'll keep my Sprint Pre as long as OTA updates are still coming out for it. When they stop supporting the Pre, perhaps I'll move onto a new WEBOS Device. I'll still have this Beauty of the original Webos Device by my side.
    I'm holding out for HPalm to get their s--t together. I "wasted" my upgrade on a free Pre minus in October, as I had my eye on one for quite a while. Not drinking the Android Kool-Aid. Sorry.

I love the interface of WebOS. The phone/hardware Pre design may leave something to be desired, but meh. Whatever. I'm expecting a new assortment of WebOS devices to drop by June. I will then wait for them to get the bugs out, then re-up on one of said WebOS devices through Sprint Premier come October this year . . .