Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Even though I have a Plus
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I'm keeping my Pre (Sprint) until it ceases to function properly. Still going strong. Not planning to throw away more money on an "upgrade" to something else as long as my Pre is the best thing out there and still working.
    what is a SMARToaster? I have a sprint pre and will stay with both the carrier and platform until at least my contract with the carrier ends 11/11. Than I would consider a different carrier berfore
    I would consider a different platform. I am not particularly tech savy but the pre community has opened my eyes to a world of possibilities. Thanks to all the developers and other poster for all your great advice
    I've been on my Pre for almost 2 years now (launch day, only had it replaced once). Homebrew really put new life into this thing. I don't even consider the pre2 to be a sufficient upgrade considering many of us pre- users are regularly running our CPU's at 1Ghz anyways. I'll stick with this until sprint gives us a new WebOS device. I think the WebOS community has been vocal in saying that many of us wish to stay with sprint and continue on with this platform. I still have good faith that in jan 2011 there will be a plethora of webOS devices available on the sprint network. (possibly even including the pre2).
    I'm holding tight with my sprint pre:

- Webos will only get better as it matures (still in infancy but its a manchild).
    - The hardware will only get better now that the financial situation has changed.
    - HP is building an entire ecosystem centered around Webos - the possibilities will only get better.
    - etc, etc, etc.
    I will stick with webOS on Verizon (no matter what devices they offer) through 2013, then I will go to whichever carrier has the best webOS device for me (except AT&T, lol).

But yeah, webOS until it no longer exists for me as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I will stick with webOS on Verizon (no matter what devices they offer) through 2013, then I will go to whichever carrier has the best webOS device for me (except AT&T, lol).

+1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    +1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Arghhh... this is a test of webOS devotion: HTC Merge Makes 360 Degree Look Verizon Appearance?

I have had my Pre for over a year and I have an upgrade with Sprint available. I looked at the Blackberry Style as my wife has a blackberry and thinks its great. I have had a Palm phone ever since the Treo 600. I will stay and see what happens at the CES and then decide.

I am looking forward to the upcoming upgrade with flash.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Since those of us on AT&T got the Pre + last of all carriers, I'm here for the duration of my contract.

(Curious why this thread wasn't another "Who's Leaving/Staying" poll...?)

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
  11.    #91  
    Well my subject was specifically for people staying with the Pre, I don't really care to know who's leaving.

That's the reason for my subject how it is.
    I'm sticking with webos. I spoiled by how functional and intuitive the operating system is. Iphone multitasking is a joke. Android is so ugly. And blackberry is just horrid. I can't go back!
  13.    #93  
    To all those in this thread,

The wait is almost up!
    Sprint Love
    Hell yeah! Sticking with the Pre better pay off soon! I love this phone. I've gone from Pre Minus to Plus to the 2. All on Sprint, and each one has gotten better than the previous one. I can't wait to see what an awesome advancement HP makes next (which I truly hope they do make...)
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Still hanging on!!
    Sticking with my Pre+ at least through December. Hopefully, it will be an easy decision to move on to the next WebOS device in December. If they are still playing catch-up to Android and iOS by in the features department, then I'll have to compare.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    im still waiting with my pre on sprint...due for an upgrade veeeery soon
    I have no specific loyalty to the Pre so after February 9th if I'm not wowed, and even if I am, I'm likely picking up an Evo. I'm over having almost no applications that everyone else has, slow hardware, a plastic oreo, and very limited APIs.

Someone may be able to correct me, but does 2.0 even come with the API support for bar code readers and audio recognition software? I remember reading that the 1.x versions could never have a bar code reader or application like Shazam because it simply wasn't possible.

Even if the hardware is sufficient, I don't know that I want to put my contract and money into a device that has software that may never support the direction every other large mobile OS is going.
    Still rocking my release day Sprint Pre-!!! Even with the broken USB door, the crack in the bottom right corner, and the repaired power button! I'm giving it until the announcement to decide whether or not to stay with Palm. I really want to, but a larger choice of apps, including one I really want (Slingbox), is enticing me to look elsewhere. Heres hoping you wow the world and gain the support of some large developers, H/Palm!
    -Until Skynet takes over.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I'll stay with Sprint till Summer of next year waiting for a new WebOS device. But if they don't get anything by then I will switch to whoever has the next WebOS device and pay whatever cancellation fees are required.
    Yeah I'm liking this. I love Sprint though, so hopefully they'll get something good.