Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The thought has never crossed my mind to switch, launch month Pre, very dependable phone for me, does everything that I need from a smartphone, I love my Pre and webOS and wiil keep my Pre until HP/Palm releases their next gen smartphone. Lots of Pre-tenders in this forum but the real Pre users that use/love webOS are hanging tough.
    Sprint Love
    If Verizon gives it's current Pre+ owners 2.0 I'm staying with my current Pre. Otherwise I may use the one upgrade I've been holding on to for the Pre2.
    No plans to switch. The phone does everything I want it to, especially thanks to the Homebrew and WebOS Internals crews. When my contract runs out, I expect phones will be driving to the store and doing my grocery shopping for me, so I'll be looking for the one that can carry the most groceries at that point.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

yup staying put launch day sprint pre soon to be plussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yup staying put launch day sprint pre soon to be plussed.
    same here +1
    Last edited by Pioneer; 11/17/2010 at 06:24 PM.
    I'll hang on to my pre+ at least till 2012 when my contract is done. I know a lot can happen by then. I got my pre+ this summer and love it still.
    Love WebOS, no plans to leave. If my Pre Plus breaks, I may get another on ebay (contractless), or a Pre2 as a replacement... unless something better comes out of Palm/HP by then.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    I am very happy ATM. My Pre- upgrade to a + went well and I can't believe the difference double the RAM makes. Palm should offer a service (or do it for free) to upgrade -'s to +'s.
    Sprint Pre user. Will keep my Pre until Sprint gets a new Palm phone. Not waiting on a webOS tablet though. Going to buy an iPad this weekend, very amped. I'm NOT an Apple fan at all, but the iPad if frickin amazing.
    I like webOS and I'm in no hurry to give up my Sprint Pre. I won't switch to Verizon. It costs a lot more to start with and the Sprint discounts I get via my employer are greater than what I would get for Verizon too.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    It's my first smart phone and i got it primarily because people seem to like the OS and i don't like the big slab phones... so the form factor of this was actually a major selling point. New hardware that's bigger is more or less of no interest to me.

I'm still in debate mode becauase it's proving to be an inconsistently performing operating system if you ask me... love the patches, love the interface... but it's not a turn it on and forget it kind of phone...

its like the british sports car of phones... i WANT to just get it set-up how i want it and forget it... but that's not happened yet... it was moving along pretty well, then it's alarm chocked and deleted all my alarms and i was lucky i got up on time anyway. I felt so close to having it all dialed in... Then i had to do a partial data apps erase reset because i had a contact that was corrupted and i couldn't text message to it, and then 120 of my 190 Palm profile contacts were deleted in a glitch during that process and Palm CS said was not unheard of, it's their fault, so then i had to get customer service to upload an archived data set, then my patches weren't visible to the OS or preware but mostly functional, so i did and EPR to clear it out and start over but then my apps patches still wouldn't install... so i had to do a repair utility, but the repair utility isn't doing it's job correctly because it's not actually modifying/repairing files that it says it is... so here i am... it's like the phone is regressing back to childhood or something.

The purpose of this phone is supposed to simplify my life, not be a freakin' extra hobby... i've got 12 to many already... certainly thankful for the community, but dang... i've spent nearly three nights in a row on this phone... waste of my time.

I like using it, but i'm tiring of working on it just so i can use it... if you get me...

and that makes my desire to stick with it at risk. Realistically if i could just get it set up and forget about it and just keep using it (and if they could get the GPS work better with verizon) i could use this phone for a long time to come. I'd just keep replacing it if i broke it... which i've done before with other phones... i buy 'em on ebay. Right now i'm not a happy camper. If there were another phone with the same Form factor and a bulletproof OS i might jump ship before i get any more invested but i like the OS with patches and stuff... grrr... give me strength...
    Last edited by ewal; 11/18/2010 at 03:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewal View Post
    It's my first smart phone and i got it primarily because people seem to like the OS and i don't like the big slab phones... so the form factor of this was actually a major selling point. New hardware that's bigger is more or less of no interest to me.

I'm still in debate mode becauase it's proving to be an inconsistently performing operating system if you ask me... love the patches, love the interface... but it's not a turn it on and forget it kind of phone...

its like the british sports car of phones... i WANT to just get it set-up how i want it and forget it... but that's not happened yet... it was moving along pretty well, then it's alarm chocked and deleted all my alarms and i was lucky i got up on time anyway. I felt so close to having it all dialed in... Then i had to do a partial data apps erase reset because i had a contact that was corrupted and i couldn't text message to it, and then 120 of my 190 Palm profile contacts were deleted in a glitch during that process and Palm CS said was not unheard of, it's their fault, so then i had to get customer service to upload an archived data set, then my patches weren't visible to the OS or preware but mostly functional, so i did and EPR to clear it out and start over but then my apps patches still wouldn't install... so i had to do a repair utility, but the repair utility isn't doing it's job correctly because it's not actually modifying/repairing files that it says it is... so here i am... it's like the phone is regressing back to childhood or something.

The purpose of this phone is supposed to simplify my life, not be a freakin' extra hobby... i've got 12 to many already... certainly thankful for the community, but dang... i've spent nearly three nights in a row on this phone... waste of my time.

I like using it, but i'm tiring of working on it just so i can use it... if you get me...

and that makes my desire to stick with it at risk. Realistically if i could just get it set up and forget about it and just keep using it (and if they could get the GPS work better with verizon) i could use this phone for a long time to come. I'd just keep replacing it if i broke it... which i've done before with other phones... i buy 'em on ebay. Right now i'm not a happy camper. If there were another phone with the same Form factor and a bulletproof OS i might jump ship before i get any more invested but i like the OS with patches and stuff... grrr... give me strength...
    wow, that sucks. But I can relate...im a launch day Sprint User, it's cool being part of this from day 1, and being part of this crazy ride. (It feels like only yesterday we got video!) but currently I'm on my 3rd Pre. I'm looking at this box that's holding the New Pre and I'm just hoping it won't hiccup and delete any contacts or apps or not just take forever to sync my profile. I think webOS is the best hands down, I can't even use any other device because of this. But they are people who need a reliable device. My issues come mainly for hardware (im replacing this pre because my audio is out completly) so I'm going to wait this out...ill be around until my insurance can't offer me a Pre as replacement..or Hpalm delivers an amazing device on Sprint. Sigh...2011 is gnna be intresting hopefully
    I'm here. Haven't even seriously considered switching....Evo is nice, but I'm sure HP Palm will present something soon that I will love more then my day one Sprint Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ForTheRoad View Post
    I'm here. Haven't even seriously considered switching....Evo is nice, but I'm sure HP Palm will present something soon that I will love more then my day one Sprint Pre.
    go for the evo, you will not be disappointed. i did and i love the thing, very fast, lots of roms and super customizable. i love webos and will come back if and when another high end phone is announced.
    I'm still here for my Pre as it has been here for me when I need it. A couple of reboots in the middle of something that left me in the cold fo 5 minutes, but it's still the best operating system on the market.

It just needs to be massified (is that even a word?), and please, the apps!

I'll be here as long as my Pre holds on, and even if it dies, I'll have to buy the next device, webOS rocks, even if it's no longer Palm webOS but HP webOS
  17.    #77  
    I'm glad to see so many people with the Pre still, it seemed like I was the only one who really wanted to stay with the Pre until the next device came out. I kept seeing threads that were "I'm switching" or "Goodbye" etc... but like I said, I'm glad to see all the support and response to this thread!

Long live the Pre.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I'll stay with Sprint till Summer of next year waiting for a new WebOS device. But if they don't get anything by then I will switch to whoever has the next WebOS device and pay whatever cancellation fees are required.
    That's pretty much the same situation I'm in. If Sprint doesn't pick up new WebOS devices, and other carriers do (and I like the new devices), I'll be switching soon.
    I can hold out. It has been tough, but as the OS evolves, it should meet more of my needs.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I'm glad to see so many people with the Pre still, it seemed like I was the only one who really wanted to stay with the Pre until the next device came out. I kept seeing threads that were "I'm switching" or "Goodbye" etc... but like I said, I'm glad to see all the support and response to this thread!

Long live the Pre.
    webOS lovers don't complain
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg