Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    And it's over...
    he's off the sage at 9:59 pacific
    Thank god for that last question, my hats off to you for asking that question I dont think we are seeing a new smartphone until end of Q1

I think they are going to only release a prototype of webOS tablet for CES and probably no new phones
    Well, that pretty much told us what we need to know about where Palm is headed, huh?
  5.    #85  
    Wow, there was no point of that talk.
    "bing" guy looks drunk
    No, he didn't really say a whole lot, but I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. Didn't really expect that they'd be giving tons of details on future products.

So, what's the deal w/ the "special announcement" that we're supposed to have?
    I love how Bobby Kotick is sitting on stage with a s-eating grin after he just axed an entire studio and laid off 200 employees a month before Christmas.
    was there supposed to be a special announcement? Maybe cause bradley wasn't there
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    was there supposed to be a special announcement? Maybe cause bradley wasn't there
    Precentral homepage says there is a special announcement planned for after the talk.
    waste of time... ZERO new info. I am preety upset as a loyal palm user
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Precentral homepage says there is a special announcement planned for after the talk.
    Why would you make your "special announcement" after walking off the stage with everyone listening?!?
    I'm not too surprised there was no announcement, it's just ridiculous they are so hush hush about this! Best hush hush company ever.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Why would you make your "special announcement" after walking off the stage with everyone listening?!?
    correction: the announcment may or may not have to do with HP/Palm. I assumed it was HP/Palm-related, but seems that it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    yah..r they scheduled to come back on or anything?

edit: oh
    After being a Beta tester for the Pre, I think I will sit their tablet out.

With a great operating system for the phone, why are they dropping the bucket? As loyal as I am, I am getting second thoughts.
    also you have to look at it, like before when Raul only could hint about future products, Im sure they can't say too much about them until they are ready to be shown. Which means like the post above no new smartphones or tablets prob showcased early Q1, then released late Q1. Though He could have elaborated more on the Webos 2.0 rollout, wether we will see it before 2011.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    After being a Beta tester for the Pre, I think I will sit their tablet out.

With a great operating system for the phone, why are they dropping the bucket? As loyal as I am, I am getting second thoughts.
    Could you give me your beta PalmPad please!
    Probably they're opening up a whole new class of products (aside from smartphones and tablets) that's why they can't really say anything about it.

Maybe SMARTprinters?

SMARTtoasters?

Jon DID say webOS devices will BOOM 12-18 months from now. That's pretty long-range to me.
    Does anyone work in the hardware world? Problems are seldom solved by blindly throwing resources (money) at it. It takes time for the new participants to acclimate. If drastically new hardware is available 1st Q I'd be impressed. And if HP wants to create a reputation for innovation and quality in this market, their first device will need to be near perfect.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast