1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a Palm Pre 2, I am from Australia and they are not sold here but I'm thinking of getting one shipped unlocked! Is it possible to sync the phone to itunes or my macbook computer?? This is the only real issue or dilemma I have. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly12 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a Palm Pre 2, I am from Australia and they are not sold here but I'm thinking of getting one shipped unlocked! Is it possible to sync the phone to itunes or my macbook computer?? This is the only real issue or dilemma I have. Thanks.
    If the same functionality carries over from the current 1.4.5 OS then you can sync with iTunes as long as you are using an older version of iTunes (something like 9.01, you can search the forums to find the last version it worked with.).

But I use iTunes on my PC and just connect my Pre in USB mode and drag and drop my playlist for my Pre to my Music folder. Everything comes over fine with album info and artwork in tact.

EDIT.. it does have to be DRM free though.

So you don't necessarily have to use the media sync feature to get your iTunes music on your Pre.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    There are also third party solutions - Missing Sync, Doubletwist, Media Monkey?

Missing Sync works for non-DRM music, Doubletwist has an issue with capitalization/paths?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    @pastorrich1: With iTunes open you drag the iTunes playlist to your Pre? Seems to easy. I haven't upgraded iTunes in forever, because of the lack of sync issue. Are you using an old version of iTunes too?
    Quote Originally Posted by mpagano View Post
    @pastorrich1: With iTunes open you drag the iTunes playlist to your Pre? Seems to easy. I haven't upgraded iTunes in forever, because of the lack of sync issue. Are you using an old version of iTunes too?
    It is easy. I am using the latest version of iTunes and just keep a playlist for my Pre with what I want in it. I normally select all of the songs in the playlist and drag and drop them over to my music folder (in an explorer window) and it all works great. I suppose I could drag and drop the playlist name itself? I will have to try that. But I don't switch all the music out normally so I just drag and drop whatever I want to add when I want to add it.

Removing music is just as easy, I just delete what I don't want from my Music folder, either using Internalz or in USB mode.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups