1.    #1  
    Hey
    Am on my 2nd pre. Everything seems fine apart from the Auto Correct problem. It worked until I used my sim in my old pre just to back up files before sending back to supplier. Since signing in to my profile again the Auto Correct has stopped working and it's really annoying me!
    Is there anyway to fix this without doctoring my phone? I messed up my phone before by using preware stuff and I'd rather leave it as it is..

Have tried a soft reset and it's had no effect.
    Any ideas? I don't know how to sign out of my profile either? Do I need to use another sim in my phone to force the sign in again?

Thanks
    Another SIM won't do anything for you. Go to Device Info, scroll to the bottom then choose Reset Options, then tap on App and Data Erase. That is just a profile reload. They should have labeled it that way.

On the Preware stuff you refer to, unless you are running alpha testing type things, everything in Preware is quite safe and I am not aware of a single legitimate instance in which any homebrew has borked somebody's phone that it couldn't be fixed with a visit to the Dr.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #3  
    AH ok I did consider doing an erase but wasn't sure if it would do anything.Will try that.

I wasn't criticsing Preware, I didn't mean that actually I messed up my phone by using themes! I am at work and just typed the post quickly.. I did fix my phone by doctoring it and have just left it alone since then as I messed it up myself!
    Thanks for the reply.
  4.    #4  
    The erase didn't do anything.
    Will have to doctor it I think..
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlaw7 View Post
    The erase didn't do anything.
    Will have to doctor it I think..
    Probably so. I didn't think a profile reload would fix your issue but figured it couldn't hurt. If you had Internalz installed you could check your autocorrect dictionary file and even make a custom edit, to test it prior to Dr'ing.
  6.    #6  
    I've just tested it, and it seems the only words it won't correct are ones with 'i'... so I'm, I've, I etc.. to be honest the ones I find most useful!

Yea thanks for telling me how to do the profile re-load, that's handy to know as my email had stopped syncing so thats hopefully fixed that anyway!

I think I am going to get my laptop out tonight and have a look at my phone.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlaw7 View Post
    I've just tested it, and it seems the only words it won't correct are ones with 'i'... so I'm, I've, I etc.. to be honest the ones I find most useful!

Yea thanks for telling me how to do the profile re-load, that's handy to know as my email had stopped syncing so thats hopefully fixed that anyway!

I think I am going to get my laptop out tonight and have a look at my phone.

Thanks for your help.
    Just in case you need it, HERE are the easy instructions for editing or checking your file. They are in alphabetical order so scroll down to the I's and make sure everything you are having trouble with is there. You might even make one custom addition of your own so you can save it and then restart Luna and see if it picks up the ones you are having trouble with again.