1.    #1  
    Hi, I received my replacement Pre Plus to replace my Pixi plus. I activated the phone waited for all apps to download. Sync to my google account, then restored via Save/restore and Pre backup. Next connected to Webos and installed patches. At this point all was good, but then i noticed that my contacts were not working and would not unsync google contacts (left it for hours). So I did an (Erase Apps and Data) via reset options, then restalled webos, sync google account and restored save/restore.

All was great till i went into Preware and noticed none of may patches were showing, even though they are all on and working. If I try to install any existing ones I get a IPKG error.

Not sure what to do now, as my worry is that if i have to update WebOS in the future I will not be able to remove Patches before an upgrade and this could cause issues.

Thanks

Gavin
    In Preware - go to the upper left menu and "Manage Feeds" and check to make sure everything is turned on.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    First, try running the Emergency Reconstruction Utility (found in Preware). If that doesn't bring them back then I would run the Emergency Patch Recovery (also found in Preware) which should remove all of your patches. Then reinstall your patches. Another option if those two fail, run the webOS Repair Utility: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html

Failing all else, you may need to doctor.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Nacho is giving you the proper solution. Just run EPR from Preware then re-install your patches and homebrew using the same save/restore Preware saved package list from before and all should be fine.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  5.    #5  
    ERU and EPR have made no difference. The patches are still on there. I will try the webOS Repair Utility when I get back from work. Hope I dont have to doctor it, as never done this before and a little worried something will go wrong. Does the Doctor support the Palm Pre for the european O2 network, as last time I looked only saw sprint and verzion, but that was for a Pixi
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Look there for the doctor version for your carrier/phone. And no reason to worry about doctoring, it's a painless process.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by gavhowe View Post
    ERU and EPR have made no difference. The patches are still on there. I will try the webOS Repair Utility when I get back from work. Hope I dont have to doctor it, as never done this before and a little worried something will go wrong. Does the Doctor support the Palm Pre for the european O2 network, as last time I looked only saw sprint and verzion, but that was for a Pixi
    Try the EPR from WebOS Quick Install as well. I have never had an occasion where EPR didn't clear out my patches so I could re-install after having a profile reload over the top of a patched device.

Yes, there is an O2 version Dr available HERE
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for your help, will report back when get home.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks guys WebOS Repair Utility v2.1 worked perfect and removed all the patches. I then manually reinstalled then though webos and they show you there and on Preware.
    Glad to be of help and you didn't have to Doctor.
    Last edited by NachoB; 11/17/2010 at 07:38 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    ^^^^ What He said...