Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So from a prior thread i'd performed a partial reset of data and apps. That went badly, and it managed to arbitrarily delete roughly 120 of my 190 contacts from my palm profile. Nearly all of which were uploaded to my phone when i brought it in to turn on service so it definitely wasn't an issue with failure to back-up the latest couple contacts. It had also changed a phone number on at least one contact so i ended up text messaging a total stranger instead of a friend... how bizarre is that! All palm profile Calendar items gone too.

Interestingly though, my patches were all still functional as far as i could tell without even reloading Preware. Even after re-loading pre-ware and trying to do a recovery of patches my phone still didn't see any of my old patches... but they were functional.

Today i just performed another partial erase of apps and data (with customer service on the line) so they could load in an archived data set to restore my contacts from last month. The data recovery went well, but the vast majority of my patches are not functioning anymore so that's a real bummer.

One thing is for sure, their system isn't very robust as far as consistent performance and backing up things and restoring them and how the phone behaves.

Also interesting is that the customer service gal also said this is not an isolated incident that contacts were lost during a back-up and partial reset for data and apps.

So here's my one question, considering i don't really know how many patches are still present and functioning on my phone and i already have to go in and modify it and set it up again, is now as good a time as any to do a webOS doctor on the phone to go back to factory and then build up from there?
    You may run into the same contact problem, again. I'd suggest trying the WebOS Repair Utility first.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    as far as the patches go . you can search emergency patch recovery in preware and install it . then go into preware and just install that patches you have installed right on top of your patches , they should install even though they are there , and then they should show as installed . also if you want to fix this with out the doctor you can . search for repair utility and load it then run it on your phone with the override compatibility check marked and it will fix your phone for you with out the doc . but it will remove all patches. then you can try the partial reset again to see if it will reinstall all your contact . when done with that you can restart all your patches.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    All contacts are up and good to go now so it sounds like the utility repair is the way to go. Thanks guys! For this do i need to re-install preware first or can i go straight double clicking on the .jar file to kick on the repair utility?
    double click repair utility and then on the top open the options menu and check mark the override compatibility option then start the utility
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->