Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    May someone explaine me why hpalm still keep the catalog close to the other country?
    Is 1 year that i have a Pre and i live in Italy and from 1 year i am waiting for nothing...
    Now they are selling the pre and pre 2 sim-free from the officially palm store and still they dont think to open the catalog...why?
    Somebody have a information about this? What kind of marketing move is this?

sorry for my outburst.....
    You are asking the wrong people. Here's a HP Palm feedback link.

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    When hell freezes over.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Μr Torakiki come stai?

well as palmdoc said when hell freezes MAYBE...

there are at least 10 apps that i NEED but cannot use for the app catalog restrictions...

come on HP Palm....
    you can do better than this....
  5.    #5  
    Ciao Mr Dimitrios, bene...

@johncc

you have no idea of how many requests from that link i have sent...1 year that i use palm pre and 1 year that i send request without any result.

i love to much webos and i dont want leave it, but is time to remove the restriction and open the catalog to all world, i think also that the number off developers will increase...

possible that hp dont think this?
    This is going around P|C for a bit. It's not HP/Palm. it gubment restrictions by country.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  7.    #7  
    ok but hp must make somethink for this big problem....

how they can think to do great things with webOS in this situation?

we can love webOS but if people around the world can not use the device as they wants and for what they needs they will run away....
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    This is going around P|C for a bit. It's not HP/Palm. it gubment restrictions by country.
    What's your source for that ? How do Apple & Android get around these "restrictions" ?
    Last edited by marshalla99; 11/17/2010 at 05:09 AM.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    I suspect it's a cost/benefit decision by Palm not to incur the cost of handling tax and legal issues in those countries compared to the benefit of revenue from apps sold in those countries.

Sad, but probably tue.

It doesn't explain why free apps cannot be available though. That's just an arbitrary decision as far as I can see.

-- Rod
    It's possible HP/Palm would incur tax filing issues even if free products are "sold" in a country. Most jurisdictions require some form of permit to provide goods, and then require regular filings, even if no activity. Hopefully, the HP legal and tax departments can handle a little extra work if that's the case.
    I see pandas.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect it's a cost/benefit decision by Palm not to incur the cost of handling tax and legal issues in those countries compared to the benefit of revenue from apps sold in those countries.

Sad, but probably tue.

It doesn't explain why free apps cannot be available though. That's just an arbitrary decision as far as I can see.

-- Rod
    so what means? that never we'll see the catalog open to all country?
  12.    #12  
    sorry for double post...
  13.    #13  
    Any news about app catalog? i read some weeks ago in a news of P|C that HP i working for open to all country.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    Any news about app catalog? i read some weeks ago in a news of P|C that HP i working for open to all country.....
    There has been no such concrete statement from HP or Palm.

There is no officially stated plan or timeline for changing the restrictions of the app catalog in any way.

-- Rod
    At least free apps in the catalog seem to be appearing for more countries now, so hopefully things will look better in 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    At least free apps in the catalog seem to be appearing for more countries now, so hopefully things will look better in 2011.
    Yet there has been no announcement or change in support pages by HP, so it could just as easily be taken away again at a moment's notice.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    you're not thinking beyond!
    #ThinkByond countries...

so when? Feb 9th!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yet there has been no announcement or change in support pages by HP, so it could just as easily be taken away again at a moment's notice.

-- Rod
    True, but I hope there'll be more news on Feb 9.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    True, but I hope there'll be more news on Feb 9.
    I think a lot of people around the world hope to have news on Feb 9...for now really i dont care for a super device what only i need is the app catalog....
  20.    #20  
    Event finish and no mention and talking about app catalog for other country, i am really disappointed....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast