1.    #1  
    Hey;
    I'm having difficulties to uninstall the patch "Advanced Configuration for System Preferences". When I installed it, I was running the Pre with English UK settings. I shifted to English US in order to get the patch working.
    But it refuses to work an I can't uninstall it.
    This is the message:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Any ideas?

Thanks!
    which patches have you installed since installing the ACAL patch? That should give you a good idea of the culprit..
    sj
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    which patches have you installed since installing the ACAL patch? That should give you a good idea of the culprit..
    sj
    I was bored during lectures and had a roughly virgin Pre at hand so I installed several dozen...

@RUSH: Thanks, I'll try it. Will it delete all patches or just try to fix the one broken?
    Last edited by splashote; 11/15/2010 at 03:25 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Run emergency reconstruction utility. That should fix the corrupt file. Then try uninstalling it again.
    1.) Open Preware
    2.) Select Available Packages
    3.) Select Linux Applicaton
    4.) Select Utilities
    5.) Select Emergency Reconstruction Utility
    6.) Install Emergency Reconstruction Utility
    7.) Run Emergency Reconstruction Utility
    Good luck.
    This did not work but I started checking the other installed patches. Probably the one second vibration-patch was the culprit.

Now I finally got rid of the patch.

Thanks for your advices.