Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just checked my palm backup on my pre and it says it hasnt been backedup since 10/31. This happend to me once or twice before. I fixed this issue by turning off backups and then turning it back on.

Now it doesnt want to turn back on. The problem is that when I toggle the switch to on, nothing happens. The circle just spins. Anyone else having backup issues recently?
    My Pre is actually doing the same thing as I type this
    Mine was doing this yesterday. I did a reset and all is well.
    That simply means you were using the phone when it was suppose to do the back up so it postpones it till the next day. If you keep using it at that time then its going to keep postponing it until a day that you arent using it at that time.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    That simply means you were using the phone when it was suppose to do the back up so it postpones it till the next day. If you keep using it at that time then its going to keep postponing it until a day that you arent using it at that time.
    I cant turn it back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I cant turn it back on.
    Did you wait for th back up to finish deleting when you turned off back up? Either way. Turn the phone off and pull the battery out. Wait for a couple of mins and then turn it back on. Try to turn it back on.
  7.    #7  
    Did you wait for th back up to finish deleting when you turned off back up? Either way. Turn the phone off and pull the battery out. Wait for a couple of mins and then turn it back on. Try to turn it back on.
    tried a battery pull and still cant get backup on.
    Oh. Maybe a doctor will suffice.
  9.    #9  
    Oh. Maybe a doctor will suffice.
    what would get restored if I doctored my pre? I know my google contacts will get restored.what bout apps, texts messages? All my pics and movies? Since I turned backup off, eveything has been erased in my backup. This morning I've tried turning backup on. I let it run for a half hour and all you see is the circle spinning.
    The webos doctor should not wipe the usb drive of the device. So all apps, movies, music, etc... Should be (re)install back on your phone.

Note: Keep in mind that you were having issues with backing up your palm profile, so there could be that possibility that you might not get back your pics, music, and movies. Palm apps will be (re)installed regardless.

Good luck.
  11.    #11  
    I so don't want to go the doctor route. What bout the kernel? I have one installed. Do I need to delete that before using the doctor? Is the doctor the only option now?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Not the only option... but the likely one if you're still having backup issue. All modifications will be remove from the device, and the phone will return to factory default.

Note: You could run webos repair utility and see if that fix the problem.

Best of luck.
    Do you have a link for the repair utility?
    what would get restored if I doctored my pre? I know my google contacts will get restored.what bout apps, texts messages? All my pics and movies? Since I turned backup off, eveything has been erased in my backup. This morning I've tried turning backup on. I let it run for a half hour and all you see is the circle spinning.
    Since your Profile backup seems to be hosed you should use the email all contacts patch to have a copy of your Palm contacts before doing anything drastic. You can import them into your Google account and get them back on your phone later. If you have any critical data in your notes app, you need to email that out to yourself as well. If you have any SMS messages you want to keep, copy them to email and send them to yourself.

Under normal circumstances you can Dr. and keep everything in your USB partition (pictures, movies, music, downloaded documents and files, etc.).

Under normal circumstances your Palm Profile when loaded will restore your Palm Profile contacts, memos, apps from the app catalog (paid or free), web book marks, and any email and other accounts associated (facebook etc.).

You will lose any call history or SMS history under normal circumstances when you Dr. as well as any emails stored only on the phone.

Since your Palm Profile hasn't been backed up in a while you run the risk of not getting those things back properly. Depending on how long it has been you can call Palm Support and ask them to reload an older version (before you turned the back up off) so you can load it onto your phone. It is free and they will do it. You will however lose anything that has been added or changed since the time of that backup.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Do you have a link for the repair utility?
    HERE

I just used the search feature on the forums. It works well...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Since your Profile backup seems to be hosed you should use the email all contacts patch to have a copy of your Palm contacts before doing anything drastic. You can import them into your Google account and get them back on your phone later. If you have any critical data in your notes app, you need to email that out to yourself as well. If you have any SMS messages you want to keep, copy them to email and send them to yourself.

Under normal circumstances you can Dr. and keep everything in your USB partition (pictures, movies, music, downloaded documents and files, etc.).

Under normal circumstances your Palm Profile when loaded will restore your Palm Profile contacts, memos, apps from the app catalog (paid or free), web book marks, and any email and other accounts associated (facebook etc.).

You will lose any call history or SMS history under normal circumstances when you Dr. as well as any emails stored only on the phone.

Since your Palm Profile hasn't been backed up in a while you run the risk of not getting those things back properly. Depending on how long it has been you can call Palm Support and ask them to reload an older version (before you turned the back up off) so you can load it onto your phone. It is free and they will do it. You will however lose anything that has been added or changed since the time of that backup.
    Im not worried about my contacts restoring as they are all in google. Its just some memos im worried bout. How can the memos be restored after doctoring if my backup has been erased when I turned backup off?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    HERE

I just used the search feature on the forums. It works well...
    What is this search feature that you speak of? Just kidding :P I get lazy sometimes. Sorry. I do appreciate your help!
    Im not worried about my contacts restoring as they are all in google. Its just some memos im worried bout. How can the memos be restored after doctoring if my backup has been erased when I turned backup off?
    There are a couple of ways using the Pre Backup utility but I don't use them because of other potentiallly serious issues. Just copy what you want to keep to an email and then copy it back to memos if you want when you are done.

Guesture tap + A = Select all
    Guesture tap + C = Copy
    Guesture tap + V = Paste
  18.    #18  
    I downloaded the repair utility and then it asked to download the webos doctor. I think it downloaded the wrong one. I found the right webos doctor that i needed- 1.4.5 ( sprint pre)but its in a zip file and the repair utility doesnt see it. Do i need the .jar file? If so where can i find that?
    I downloaded the repair utility and then it asked to download the webos doctor. I think it downloaded the wrong one. I found the right webos doctor that i needed- 1.4.5 ( sprint pre)but its in a zip file and the repair utility doesnt see it. Do i need the .jar file? If so where can i find that?
    Just change the .zip extension to .jar... it really is the jar file. Something with internet explorer or Windows causes that.
    tried a battery pull and still cant get backup on.
    When you say you can't get backup on, are you not able to switch the toggle to On or is it just not backing up?

What happens if you choose Palm Profile from the Backup app menu? Re enter your password if you're prompted to and see if you can get Backup running again.

Once logged into your profile and viewing the profile screen (if you make it that far), swipe back and try a manual backup.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast