1.    #1  
    So figured this would be an easy find... and I haven't been as active or kept up to date as much as I used to but if I buy a Pre2 from the UK or Germany would I be able activate it on ATT? I've never bought an unlocked phone before so not sure exactly how it works. Still on a Sprint Pre and it is getting a bit long in the tooth. Thanks for your help.
    No. The carrier has to authorize that phone and no carrier has done that yet (although Verizon will shortly).

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  3.    #3  
    Just noticed there is no option to have it shipped to the U.S. on Palm.com/uk. So let me ask you this... If I know someone in the U.K. could I have it shipped to them and then them ship it to me and it work here? thanks.
  4.    #4  
    GuyFromNam... just to make sure I have this right... I could activate it on Tmo and 3g would work? Wasn't sure from your last post if you were disproving or confirming what you quoted johncc of saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    GuyFromNam... just to make sure I have this right... I could activate it on Tmo and 3g would work? Wasn't sure from your last post if you were disproving or confirming what you quoted johncc of saying.
    No, the best you can get is Edge data here in the US on a European GSM device.

You can activate it using a T-Mobile sim though. I did for my German GSM Pre that I use when I travel to Europe.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6.    #6  
    well crap... guess I'll continue the waiting game. Thanks for the help everyone.