Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I thought I heard somewhere that to activate a Pre on my account I would have to change my plan to an "everything data". Is this true?

I have 5 lines on a share account and don't wanna do that, it would be much more expensive.

Can I not just purchase a small add-on data plan for one line?
    i think its all or nothing,,i have 5 lines also,1500 min family plan,180 dollars with unlim texting,,mobile to mobile and unlimited data
    sorry,just double checked,,its 190.00
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    You can separate your phones into different plans if you like but the everything data family plan is set up for 2 phones.

Call Sprint and talk to them, there are many things they can do.
    Dan
    what about that new sero plan they launched has anyone got onto that yet?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    you can only do the new SERO plan if you are still on the old SERO plan, from what I understand...
    It may just be cheaper for you to separate the one phone for the Pre...
    Yeah, I think for "Family" plans there's no way to add data to individual phones within that plan. You would have to put you Pre on a separate plan to add data only for that phone. Not sure if that's cheaper or not. For my family ... just 3 of us with 2 Pres and 1 non-smart phone ... it seemed like it was better to just go to the "everything data" plan.
    It will probably be cheaper to separate. When I changed my plan, the one I had the first 3-4 phones were free. With the new everything family plan, the second one is free, 3-5 are twenty bucks each. So most likely your plan will increase, and an extra 60 bucks you weren't paying before. The phone I share with is a "dumb" phone and my prev plan was already supposedly unlimited data. I still get mad when I think about it. We don't use a fraction of the minutes.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by archer7056 View Post
    I thought I heard somewhere that to activate a Pre on my account I would have to change my plan to an "everything data". Is this true?
    When I got my phone they told me I would have to change to an Everything Data plan but I already had one. I don't have anything but an additional like for my broadband card so i can't help with the family plan but I think someone just told you the cost of the family everything data plan.