Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. kronos1's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ok this is my problem..l need a profesional help for this so please advise and help me if anyone can.
    Palm Pre can not be put in USB mode or debug mode. This phone come to me yesterday, apparently friend of my the owner tried to update the webos over the air..and he has done that but phone now pops out "Create Palm Pre profil etc.." ok, l want to put in this palm pre webos doctor 1.4.5 over USB to reinstall it,but phone does not give me option to USB,only charging. No option is available with volume up button and power button-can not put palm pre in USB mode?
    l tried the combination of orange button-sym-u(palm pre do not react) l tried orange-sym-r(palm pre only restarts).
    The phone is bricked l do not know why and how..???? l am not professional in linux but some l do know. l even tried to install all drivers in windows 7,xp,and in linux-and simple as that my PC does not recognize Palm Pre.
    So the basic is: palm pre is only charging, can not be put in usb debug mode, can not activate profile because l am unable to bypass activation-l can not access Palm Pre USB mode.
    HEELLP.
  2. #2  
    you need to open services and restart palm novacom is all . just do a search for services.msc then open services and scroll down to palm novacom and right click and hit restart.

    also if you dont understand this , just doing a restart of the phone and your computer and this should fix this issue as well .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. #3  
    And you don't doctor over USB. Phone has to be in just charge mode.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4. kronos1's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you need to open services and restart palm novacom is all . just do a search for services.msc then open services and scroll down to palm novacom and right click and hit restart.

    also if you dont understand this , just doing a restart of the phone and your computer and this should fix this issue as well .
    Tried all ready that..still the same..
  5. kronos1's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And you don't doctor over USB. Phone has to be in just charge mode.
    webos doctor don t react on connected phone...l can not make phone to display large usb logo, l tried every option an nothing..when l turn phone on it only give me option to log in or make new account and l even tried to see the ##8727277* call button to enter the config menu to see is it disabled or not,it is disabled...l tried on win7 64bit,l tried on virtual wmvare xp32 sp2,and on virtual ubuntu 10.
  6. #6  
    Is the USB cord you're using one designed for the Palm Pre? Are you plugging the cord directly into one of the rear USB ports on the PC? Just some ideas.
  7. kronos1's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Is the USB cord you're using one designed for the Palm Pre? Are you plugging the cord directly into one of the rear USB ports on the PC? Just some ideas.
    yes,original palm usb,even tried a deferent usb cable,l even changed usb ports on my pc, only thing that comes to my mind is bootie issue,that internal disc in palm pre is damaged or l do not know what else..when i try to connect palm pre to pc without a battery then palm pre shows big battery icon,when l plug battery in then palm logo appears but non of procedure for usb mode are working
  8. #8  
    Visit the Recovery page on the WebOS Internals wiki and follow the instructions there precisely.

    -- Rod
  9. #9  
    do you have the just charge patch if so tap on the just charge the pops up . If not open web quick installer and then go into options and restart nocacom driver. That's the 2 things I can think of.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. #10  
    Check if Diagn Mode is off. (not Develop Mode).
  11. kronos1's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Visit the Recovery page on the WebOS Internals wiki and follow the instructions there precisely.

    -- Rod
    Thanx Rod, been there and do not understand steps, l tried but terminal is telling me that not such file exist...l think that it is bootie issue, the palm pre can not be put in recovery mode and webos doctor do not recognize the phone..
    Can l find some detail step to step explainations for bootie issue...on wiki it is a bit pro writing and l am not pro in ubuntu-terminal...
    ?
  12. kronos1's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Check if Diagn Mode is off. (not Develop Mode).
    It is off and that is the first thing l checked.
    l guess that internal disc is corrupted or something else
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...oader_Recovery
    this is the tutorial but l try it but terminal is not playing like it should like on link up
  13. #13  
    If you see anything on the screen, it is not a bootloader issue.

    Use the volume-up recovery mode.

    -- Rod
  14. kronos1's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you see anything on the screen, it is not a bootloader issue.

    Use the volume-up recovery mode.

    -- Rod
    Up volume and power are not working...could it be that up volume button is broken? is there a way to check this?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos1 View Post
    Up volume and power are not working...could it be that up volume button is broken? is there a way to check this?
    Precisely describe each and every individual step you are taking to attempt the volume-up recovery method.

    Too often we find that people do not read the recovery page closely enough, and are not following the steps precisely. You may find this request objectionable, but it is necessary to make sure before we spend any appreciable time assisting you.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. kronos1's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
       #16  
    ok this is not my first pre..so l did before with succsces upgrade to newer webos doctor.
    when l try to boot up Pre and put it in usb recovery mode(big usb icon on the display) Pre do not react it just displays Palm logo. After min or two it displays Create new profile or sign with existing profile(l can not do that because my operator is not in pre operator list) so l want to do a bypass-l do a bypass in ubuntu with webos doctor 1.3.5,1.4.0,1.4.5 and now l am stuck because l can not put that webosdoctor in pre.(webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.4.5. for example)

    So next l tried an Orange-Sym-R and it reset Pre, so l try Orange-Sym-U and nothing happens. l tried to check all that l write in first or second posts, and nothing. l install xp sp2 in wmvare(virtual app) and try there with installing java and then novacom drivers,and sdk(Palm_Mojo_SDK-Win-1.3.5-368-x32) and nothing, pc give me sound notification that pre is connected and nothing else-pre is charging normally over usb. Now l install ubuntu in wmvare and there i tried to connect pre and nothing. l install java,and webos novacom drivers there..and nothing.

    So the basic is Pre is booting normal to log to Pre profile,l can not log or create new because l haven't put my webosdocotor(with bypass). Before me my friend the owner used Pre and update Pre over the Air and now Pre is in this state.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos1 View Post
    ok this is not my first pre..so l did before with succsces upgrade to newer webos doctor.
    when l try to boot up Pre and put it in usb recovery mode(big usb icon on the display) Pre do not react it just displays Palm logo. After min or two it displays Create new profile or sign with existing profile(l can not do that because my operator is not in pre operator list) so l want to do a bypass-l do a bypass in ubuntu with webos doctor 1.3.5,1.4.0,1.4.5 and now l am stuck because l can not put that webosdoctor in pre.(webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.4.5. for example)

    So next l tried an Orange-Sym-R and it reset Pre, so l try Orange-Sym-U and nothing happens. l tried to check all that l write in first or second posts, and nothing. l install xp sp2 in wmvare(virtual app) and try there with installing java and then novacom drivers,and sdk(Palm_Mojo_SDK-Win-1.3.5-368-x32) and nothing, pc give me sound notification that pre is connected and nothing else-pre is charging normally over usb. Now l install ubuntu in wmvare and there i tried to connect pre and nothing. l install java,and webos novacom drivers there..and nothing.

    So the basic is Pre is booting normal to log to Pre profile,l can not log or create new because l haven't put my webosdocotor(with bypass). Before me my friend the owner used Pre and update Pre over the Air and now Pre is in this state.
    Everything after getting the big USB sign is irrelevant.

    You need to focus on getting the big USB sign (recovery mode). You have not specified the exact steps you took to attempt that as requested. Please do that as requested.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. kronos1's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Everything after getting the big USB sign is irrelevant.

    You need to focus on getting the big USB sign. You have not specified the exact steps you took to attempt that as requested. Please do that as requested.

    -- Rod
    volume up button and power button...this is what l do..
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos1 View Post
    volume up button and power button...this is what l do..
    I need better precision than that. You have not mentioned what you do with the USB cable at the time, nor have you mentioned whether your press and hold, or just press, the buttons, nor have you mentioned in what order.

    There is a specific order of things which must be followed. You have not yet proven that you are doing it correctly.

    This is your last chance. If you continue to fail to give sufficient information in your next reply, I will be unsubscribing from this thread.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. kronos1's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
       #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I need better precision than that. You have not mentioned what you do with the USB cable at the time, nor have you mentioned whether your press and hold, or just press, the buttons, nor have you mentioned in what order.

    There is a specific order of things which must be followed. You have not yet proven that you are doing it correctly.

    This is your last chance. If you continue to fail to give sufficient information in your next reply, I will be unsubscribing from this thread.

    -- Rod
    Phone is turned off, l putt battery out and after 10 sec l put it back,and then First l press volume up button and holding it,then l press power button and wait..on my previous Pre the USB ICON appear, on this one it does not. On this pre appear PALM logo not USB ICON ..usb cabel is not in the phone,it is not connected with the phone. l can record with my camera what l am doing an put it online?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions