Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i gave my palm pre(O2 locked)to unlock .but nw its showing a screen with options Sign into my profile,
    Create a profile
    Tell me more.

how to by pass this screen??
  2.    #2  
    O2 locked UK...
    current location:bangalore,india
  3.    #3  
    wher to download metadoctor?
    thanks in advance
    He has a link to it in his post..
  5.    #5  
    Will the palm pre work in india if unlocked?some r sayin he frequency range s different
    Quote Originally Posted by ramthefeel View Post
    Will the palm pre work in india if unlocked?some r sayin he frequency range s different
    Yes, there Pre users here who are in India. Here is a link to a post by him on this topic.

Note: The frequencies for the Pre and Pre 2 are the same so what he posts applies either way.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    You failed to specify which Palm Pre you are asking about. In any case, voice and 2G data (EDGE/GPRS) will work in India with all Palm Pre phones. It is only with 3G data, that it will matter which version of the Palm Pre, ie. US (North America) or EU (European), you are asking about. 3G data will not work in India with the US version. The EU version on the other hand is fully compatible with 3G in India.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/14/2010 at 10:58 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8.    #8  
    hey mine was PALM PRE O2locked phone used in UK.thats al i knw abt it..will it work in india???hw to unlock it???
  9.    #9  
    when i copied "aptitude install git git-core patch build-essential linux-headers-generic linux-source-2.6.31 sun-java6-bin virtualbox-guest-additions virtualbox-ose-guest-x11"
    d above statement,it shws an error as git package not found...wat shd i do???wher did i go wrong
  10.    #10  
    signature???
    i gave my palm pre(O2 locked)to unlock .but nw its showing a screen with options Sign into my profile,
    Create a profile
    Tell me more.

how to by pass this screen??
    If you have gotten to the 'create profile' screen, then it seems your problem is not a 'locked' phone, but rather a problem of not having data on your SIM and thus you are unable to create a profile.

Thus, you might want to look into how to 'bypass activation'. Refer to : Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide (bypass carrier activation, etc.)

Personally I think your problem is simply that of using a SIM from either Vodafone or Airtel with a data plan. In the case of a Vodafone SIM, you would need to have the 'Mobile Connect' plan activated. A Vodafone SIM with the 'Vodafone Live' plan will not work.

i gave my palm pre(O2 locked)to unlock .
    Gave the 'Palm Pre' to who?

Strange co-incidence that two people, 'ramthefeel' and 'emailtojat', both in India (Bangalore) with phones form 'O2 UK', seem to have very similiar, if not exactly the same problems with their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    India a a rather big country isn't it?
    True. But considering the number of Palm phones in India, or for that matter anywhere now a days, it just seems like an out of the ordinary coincidence, specially due to their description of their problems being almost identical. Not that I am implying anything by stating this.

14.    #14  
    Guys Thanks for the help.
    When i insert AIRTEL sim without any data plan activated,
    its showing activation/profile screen..SOS is displayed on the left top of the phone.
    What should i do????
  15.    #15  
    Actually i gave my phone to one service center in chennai fo unlockin.they gave me bac in such a condition.if i switch ON the device with a sim in it,it is showin activation screen as said above.
    if the device is Switched ON without a sim in it,it shows a video demo to insert the sim...
    Actually the phone ws used in UK by my Bro.before givin the phone to tat ***** service guys ,i can access all phone features like camera ,music player etc without a sim inserted in it.
    @ramthefeel
    'GuyFromNam' is right on. In all probablity the phone is still locked to O2 UK and the first thing to do is to unlock it. Since your brother already used the phone in the UK, you will have access to the UK app store. Thus that is one issue you do not have to worry about.
    So basically all you need is to unlock the phone. For unlocking the phone, refer to this thread: GSM unlocking tips & Information about GSM/UMTS frequencies
    Do keep in mind, that once you have unlocked the phone, you will need a SIM with an active data plan to create the profile.

@GuyFromNam
    Just one thing I was wondering about. If the phone was locked, should there not be a prompt for the unlock code before the activation/profile screen?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    No, that's why unlocking an unactivated device can be such a pain for inexperienced users. Good thing the Palm bypass tool exists.
    Also, to unlock it you need to put the phone in Dev Mode, which isn't possible before Activation/Profile Login-Creation screen.
    Thanks. I was not aware of this silly limitation. Looks like someone at Palm was making sure they did everything they could to ensure failure of the Pre. If it were not for my very determined nature I would have given up on Palm a long time ago. For the life of me I cannot understand why any company would go to such extreme lengths to prevent customers from being able to use their phones.

18.    #18  
    Thanks a lot guys..
    Before giving to the service guy in Chennai,phone would ask for a network unlock code if i insert a sim.But nw its jus showing a profile activation screen.How to bypass the screen and start unlocking?
    Thanks a lot guys..i hav been stuck with this phone for past 3 months..my bro has already went back otherwise i would have returned back the phone.but i hope the phone will be worth the try...

@sanjay :How are yo accessin net thru the phone???
    Before giving to the service guy in Chennai, phone would ask for a network unlock code if i insert a sim.But nw its jus showing a profile activation screen.How to bypass the screen and start unlocking?
    This is what I think has happened:
    1. Your brother bought a 'locked' O2 UK phone.
    2. He activated (created a profile) it on the O2 UK network. Subsequently he used the phone there with access to the UK app store.
    3. He brought you the phone in India. Upon inserting your Indian SIM, since the phone was locked to the O2 UK network, the phone asked for the network 'unlock code'.
    4. You gave the phone to the "service guy" in Chennai, who most probably instead of unlocking the phone, simply doctored it with the webOS doctor.

Thus, now when you insert an Indian network SIM, the phone shows the profile/activation screen.
    How to bypass the screen and start unlocking?
    What you need to do now, is to first unlock the phone. On how to 'unlock' your phone, please refer to the following thread: --> GSM unlocking tips & Information about GSM/UMTS frequencies

Once you have successfully 'unlocked' the phone, you should be able to use a Vodfaone SIM with their 'Mobile Connect' data plan to create the profile and in all probability you will also have access to the UK app store. You can also use an Airtel SIM for this but I do not know which Airtel data plan will work.

@sanjay :How are yo accessin net thru the phone???
    I have an 'unlocked' AT&T (US) Pre+ which I am using on Vodafone with their 'Mobile Connect' data plan for the Internet.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/16/2010 at 10:32 AM.

20.    #20  
    @sanjay :thanks a lot for spending your valuable time.Now im pretty clear about wat to do...i ll keep updated ...thanks.
    @GuyfromNam:thanks man..Even i think it ll be hard.anyways need help f yo guys in future also.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast