1.    #1  
    Does the audio self test in Device Info actually work?

I have 3 units which I tried (two known good and one I want to test), all three of them gave the same results: whenever it asks me to hit Play, all I hear is static. Then afterwards all my system sounds (card swoowsh, phone DTMF tones) all don't work until I restart the phone.

I do know the headset jack test does work though.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote:
    Does the audio self test in Device Info actually work? Quote ends..

It should according to Palm. If.. however, yours doesn't then you may have a defective device. You could contact palm about such matter.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    If.. however, yours doesn't then you may have a defective device.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I have 3 units which I tried (two known good and one I want to test)
    This is where I'm lost. I'm trying to figure out if the third one is actually bad, though doesn't seem like so. All three fail the test.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    This is where I'm lost. I'm trying to figure out if the third one is actually bad, though doesn't seem like so. All three fail the test.
    ...That is why I would suggest contacting Palm and get their opinion on this matter.(It would be unlkely, but not impossible for all phones to be at fault).
    when I do audio test to all palm phones in my house (4), it's says to press button and put to yr ear,then ask if you heard sound,,,on all of them you hear no sound,yet all are phones works perfect. All sounds work just fine outside of the test. That test is bogus.
    There is a bug with the audio tests. Unfortunately it is not an effective tool to diagnose audio problems at this time.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts