Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How is everyone doing today. Well today I was in a local sprint store here in SoCal getting my pre replaced becsuse of the speaker nd there were some head honchos from sprint there. I don't know exactly who they were but they weren't reg sprint employees. So while my phone was getting looked at I walked up to 2 of the gentleman and asked what's in store for sprint? Are we getting the Pre2? Their answer was no sprint is not getting the pre2 but will be getting a new WebOs device 2nd quarter of next year 2011. They said the Pre2 isn't much of a drastic improvement over the pre so they weren't going to be offering it. They did say a new webos device will be out after the pre2 second quarter next year. I'm really hoping this is true. What do you guys think?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I hope that it's true for webOS' sake. It also matches very well with Sprint's previous statements.
    (Alledgedly)...So, once again sprint had made a decision for the thousands of their webos customers who wanted that "Spec bump" phone.

I hope the phone they're waiting on matches their expectation.
    second quarter,o well,if that's true,which who real knows,i will not wait that long for a new phone. So looks like I will be sporting an epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    second quarter,o well,if that's true,which who real knows,i will not wait that long for a new phone. So looks like I will be sporting an epic.
    That's right zmann I'm getting an Epic too.
    what happens to your palm profile after you switch to the epic. do you still own the webos apps you purchased? if you go back to webos in a year, will your profile still be available along with your apps?
    Who knows if that is true, but I disagree with the spec part. I think the Pre2 is enough of an improvement over the original Pre that plenty would like to have it. Enough to make the phone a big seller for Sprint? Well, I can't say that's the case, and if it is really true (and frankly, nothing has been proven) that they turned it down, I'm sure that was part of it.
    I think Facebook and Sprints website PROVES that people want this phone! Plus they have ONE PALM CHOICE at this point being the PIXI, when historically they've allways stocked up on Palm phones.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I'm hoping the Torch comes out on Sprint before Christmas. Am not waiting till halfway through 2011 for some phone that HP hasn't even bothered to announce.
    So nothing until April at the least and perhaps not until June. I don't think I want to wait that long. My overclocked Pre Minus runs pretty well but it also has a wobbly slider and a big crack on the edge of the screen. I'm happy with it but the "spec bump" Pre 2 looks awfully nice in comparison.

I'm getting pretty tired of chasing the next great phone. I was an early adopter of the T-Mobile G1 and an early adopter of the Pre. I think I'm done chasing the latest and greatest for and would prefer upgrading to nice stable spec bump of on a maturing platform. The Pre 2 fits the bill nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    what happens to your palm profile after you switch to the epic. do you still own the webos apps you purchased? if you go back to webos in a year, will your profile still be available along with your apps?
    I asked this question way back a long time ago. HardBeatZ said there are no plans for removal of profiles, so most likely it will still be there if, and when, you decide to come back to webOS.

However, this was before the HP acquisition, so who knows what they might do with them.
    I'm in, too! It'll be an Epic or an Evo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I think Facebook and Sprints website PROVES that people want this phone! Plus they have ONE PALM CHOICE at this point being the PIXI, when historically they've allways stocked up on Palm phones.
    What Facebook and the poll on the Sprint website PROVES, is that the SOME people want this phone, it does not PROVE it will make business sense for Sprint to offer it.

While we never can quite believe these "a guy from Sprint told me" stories, and I have no reason to believe the OP is not telling the truth, it does sound logical. Sprint had a fiasco with the Pre -- tons of returns/replacements, not enough inventory, yada, yada, yada... I can certainly see them bypassing the Pre 2 in favor of a newer device that distances it from the Pre.

I think we can all agree that it is the hardware that sunk the Pre and Pre Plus -- it seems like almost everyone says webOS is the best mobile OS out there, so perhaps with an entirely new line of webOS devices Sprint will be willing to get back in the game.
    the best os that nobody wants to write any apps for,,unless ofcoarse you are into fart apps.
    the best os that nobody wants to write any apps for,,unless ofcoarse you are into fart apps.
    Nah, I wouldn't go that far. You make it sound as if it is the OS that is holding developers back. I think no one wants to write apps for it just because there is not a large user base. I think if the original Pre and Pre Plus hardware weren't plagued by problem after problem, the user base would have grown much larger and there would have been more app developers will to write apps for it.
    I love the os,,i don't know why developers don't want to write apps here,but I do know it can't be the os. You say nah to my comment but it's right on the money,,it is the best os out there,,all the big developers overlook it. So to me my comment hit the nail on the head.
    If this info is true, it works for me because my $150 off doesn't start until April 2011.
    My launch day Pre has the USB crack (a chunk of it is gone) but I can live with it if there's a Web OS phone with a new form factor coming out.
    It's just a few months away, patience, it will be worth it.
    It is a shame that Sprint, the only carrier that has not upgraded their webOS hardware for almost two years, by sticking to the original pre has also refused the carry the Pre Plus or the Pre 2. If any group of Palm users deserves a spec bump, it is the Sprint users. Yet Sprint continues to ignore the pleas of its customers and waits until next year to bring a “webOS Device”, which may not even be a smartphone.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Who knows if that is true, but I disagree with the spec part. I think the Pre2 is enough of an improvement over the original Pre that plenty would like to have it. Enough to make the phone a big seller for Sprint? Well, I can't say that's the case, and if it is really true (and frankly, nothing has been proven) that they turned it down, I'm sure that was part of it.
    ****, I think the Pre + was enough of a spec bump for Sprint to have switched over to when Verizon/ATT got it.
  20.    #20  
    I normally wouldn't believe what the avergae sprint rep would say about new phones, but this was 2 sprint execs. Who knows if what they were saying is true, bit they sure did sound like they knew what they were talking about. I hope it's true because I've been a plam customer since my first pda which was a zire71. Then treo 600 650 700p 700wx 750p. And now my pre and wife has a pixi. I just wanna see hp/palm make it. I guess it just loyalty for me. My fingers are rossed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast