Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2nd quarter?...ROFL!!..Yeah. I'm not waiting that long either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jzamora1978 View Post
    How is everyone doing today. Well today I was in a local sprint store here in SoCal getting my pre replaced becsuse of the speaker nd there were some head honchos from sprint there. I don't know exactly who they were but they weren't reg sprint employees. So while my phone was getting looked at I walked up to 2 of the gentleman and asked what's in store for sprint? Are we getting the Pre2? Their answer was no sprint is not getting the pre2 but will be getting a new WebOs device 2nd quarter of next year 2011. They said the Pre2 isn't much of a drastic improvement over the pre so they weren't going to be offering it. They did say a new webos device will be out after the pre2 second quarter next year. I'm really hoping this is true. What do you guys think?
    While i'm in no way saying what you're telling us isn't true. However I don't think they were speaking on a phone when they said "device". Probably the "palm pad" or something of that nature. I seriously doubt HP would wait until April at the earliest to release another phone. Especially since the next iphone wouldn't be that far off. Now some would say that maybe a gsm carrier could get the next device in the 1st quarter and cdma carriers in the second. I doubt that as well. Especially since HP has more than one device planned and it would make sense to launch on all major carriers at once, or maybe different versions of the same device like samsung and their galaxy s line. Basically i doubt any person a company sends to a retail store (especially non-corporate) would know anything about device launches beyond the current quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by hesosmoove View Post
    While i'm in no way saying what you're telling us isn't true. However I don't think they were speaking on a phone when they said "device". Probably the "palm pad" or something of that nature. I seriously doubt HP would wait until April at the earliest to release another phone. Especially since the next iphone wouldn't be that far off. Now some would say that maybe a gsm carrier could get the next device in the 1st quarter and cdma carriers in the second. I doubt that as well. Especially since HP has more than one device planned and it would make sense to launch on all major carriers at once, or maybe different versions of the same device like samsung and their galaxy s line. Basically i doubt any person a company sends to a retail store (especially non-corporate) would know anything about device launches beyond the current quarter.
    Lets hope you're right.
  4.    #24  
    I'm sorry. I said it wrong. It was a corporate store with repairs inside of it. It is actually the 7th busiest store in the country. So I can see execs going there. I'm just passing on what was told to me and they are the ones who make decisions or have an inkling about what is going on, not any of us. Like I said I hope it's tru, but 2nd qtr is far off. And for all of us thinking about what hp/palm should do or when to release, it's all just wishing anyways. We don't know anything and I cam say they need to hurry or this or that too. We don't know. I'm sure they know more than us or our guesses. But I'm trying to be loyal buts getting really hard holding out. WebOs 2.0 needs to come out to hold me off for awhile
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    If (like me) you like webOS, like the Pre form factor, and want an updated device, then ditch Sprint and switch to Verizon. You'll get satisfaction before the end of the month. In the future you'll get the new webOS devices first (just like the Pre Plus and Pre 2.)

If you want to switch your OS then Verizon already has better Android devices than Sprint (and the iPhone also soon.) If you can't afford Verizon then you'll just have to settle for whatever selection of phones Sprint can afford to offer you.
    Patience, grasshopper. June 2011 will be here in a blink and I predict both a PalmPad and a new Sprint phone. HP has been pretty clear about the Pad and new phones can't be far behind.
    Plussing your pre is the way to go. $85 and its like a new phone esp w/1ghz.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmHead View Post
    ...a new Sprint phone...
    That's probably about right. Hope it's the form-factor you like.
    So long Sprint, it was a nice 11 years!
    if palm wants to sell lots of phones, they need to make one with a virtual keyboard in a slab format. people will buy them and developers will take notice and write apps for them.

went bowling tonight. most everyone around me had a smartphone. most (except for the one blackberry i saw) were slab formats.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    if palm wants to sell lots of phones, they need to make one with a virtual keyboard in a slab format...
    I'm sure it is "coming soon."
    Quote Originally Posted by pnitsuj View Post
    So long Sprint, it was a nice 11 years!
    the pre 2 is hardly a device that is so amazing I would switch carriers after 11 yrs. But that's just me I guess.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    the pre 2 is hardly a device that is so amazing I would switch carriers after 11 yrs. But that's just me I guess.
    It doesn't have to be "amazing", it just has to be what you want. I've been with Sprint 10 years and I'm switching. I started with Sprint and stayed with them that long because I was able to get what I wanted. Now I can't. Bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    it doesn't have to be "amazing", it just has to be what you want. I've been with sprint 10 years and i'm switching. I started with sprint and stayed with them that long because i was able to get what i wanted. Now i can't. Bye.
    rofl!..."i have to have it my way or its the highway"
    Quote Originally Posted by jzamora1978 View Post
    How is everyone doing today. Well today I was in a local sprint store here in SoCal getting my pre replaced becsuse of the speaker
    what do they charge you for that? do you have their phone insurance?
    i'll wait it out

my wife has an evo, no way im gonna make a move to that pos
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I absolutely won't wait until 2nd quarter of 2011 for a new Sprint webos device. If that is what it will be, then F my last 10 years with Sprint, I'll move to Verizon just to get a Pre2. They don't seem to realize that between now and 2nd quarter 2011, we'd be over halfway through our new contract and willing to wait it out for a new phone having been on a "spec bumped phone" the last 6-8 months to hold us off! I'm truly sick of Sprint. Nothing but BS android phones that I have zero desire for after being the early adoptor launch of webos and then effing us up the *** afterwards! I hope you are reading Sprint, F YOU! About to lose me!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    rofl!..."i have to have it my way or its the highway"
    I find it funny that someone would stick with a provider that didn't meet their needs. Would you keep going to a restaurant that didn't serve any food you liked?
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Would you keep going to a restaurant that didn't serve any food you liked?
    McDonalds is doing quite well, you know.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    McDonalds is doing quite well, you know.
    I assume the people who go there are getting something they like. Are you saying Sprint is the McDonalds of cell phone companies?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast