1.    #1  
    iíve owned my pre+ for 6 months now and the thing i found the most annoying about it is unlocking the screen. iíve always unlocked the screen by pushing or dragging the lock icon past the half circle. this motion never felt smooth or fluid.

well just today, i staggered out of bed and inadvertently discovered that the screen can be unlocked by doing a swipe up from the gesture area, just as you would when opening the launcher. this makes for unlocking the screen much quicker and fluid like. try it!
    Found long ago, but a reminder is always nice
    Been known on here for a while. Good tip for the new users though! It's the only way I unlock now .
    I have had my Pre for almost a year and did not know this tip. It works great! Thanks!!!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    lol. I usually just open the slider, sometimes w/o even hitn the power button
    download preware and search a good patch for it ...
    I think they added that in 1.4 and I was so happy. That little lock is so annoying.
    i didn't know this, thanks.

not that the lock screen bothers me. i actually kind of like it, but i think that's because it's not just some lame old slide from left to right, or something along those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    lol. I usually just open the slider, sometimes w/o even hitn the power button

I am with you..... but then again I keep my slider open most of the time unless the phone is in my pocket, so if the slider is open I push the button (Sprint Pre). Drives me insane because my wife never has her slider open (she is slowly getting in the habit of at least doing it when it's on the touchstone). Since we have our screens set to off when charging to not add more light to the bedroom when sleeping, the slider stays open for easy one touch access to turn it on (plus the cooling advantage of the slider being open).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    no offence but you know you're lazy when dragging your finger 3 inches is too much work o_O lol. And I didn't know about that either.
    if the slider is open, you can ht the spacebar easily to activate the screen!
    Not working for me. When my phone is locked I tried swipe up on the gesture area and nothing happened. I have pre minus.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    Not working for me. When my phone is locked I tried swipe up on the gesture area and nothing happened. I have pre minus.
    I have found the swipe up still has to hit the lock area.... so basically going over the button or very close to it, so that leaving the gesture area you are close to the lock icon.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...