1.    #1  
    Here's the Situation my parents are gone of a week vacation. They left me the keys to the brand new.....

Sorry my bad...

So the issue is my almost 1 year old Palm Pre Plus has recently developed a crack near the usb door. I could go in and see if i can get it replaced but I'm afraid that they will want to replace it with a non-palm device. I was truly hoping that the Pre 2 was released this weekend or so. Of course all I have now if a waiting game.

So my question is a two fold

1) Do I wait and they see if they will replace it
    2) has anyone else gotten theirs replaced because of the crack
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    you should call them rather than go to the store, and they have plenty of refurb replacements. I had one crack, but they replaced it for other reasons. the one I have now has a corner broken off (no, I didn't drop it) but it isn't like what you have where it will keep gettng bigger, so I don't care.

In your case, I'd try to get it replaced over the phone... and gripe about the GPS while you are at it.
  3.    #3  
    oh the GPS has a big letter to it going to the FCC along with links to video for them to see what is happening
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    oh the GPS has a big letter to it going to the FCC along with links to video for them to see what is happening

I hope you get a better response from your complaint to the FCC and Verizon than I did. It almost sounded like Verizon had the FCC in their pocket. Good Luck!

http://forums.precentral.net/general...tion-apps.html
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    may the force be with you young jedi
    If your phone is under the original 1 year warranty you should be good. If you're outside the warranty and have the insurance you may be screwed. Two posters have reported in the last few days that the insurance company is out of PrePlus' and are shipping other lesser phones or making customers wait until they may have stock again at an undetermined time.

I just replaced my Pre+ under the 1 year warranty and had to have them send me a replacement for the replacement for a flat spacebar and oreo effect. No issues at all, replacements came next day. This last phone I got seems totally fine thus far.
    Just got mine replaced, 17 month old Pre.

Problem was its on Sprint. They now covert all physical damage (trying to get rid of Pres for newer smart phones perhaps?)
    Anyway, they may let you do it. its worth a try.
    I just got a replacement Pre Plus on Verizon to replace my original 11 month old Pre. The keyboard was doing double letters since day one and then missed letters after the 1.4.1 update. The battery was also shot so the device would shut down when it got to 40%. I called Verizon and they replaced it no questions asked. Mailed me a new one the next day. I sent the old one back. My only gripe about the replacement is it had a non-touchstone back on it. I just pulled the back off my Pre Plus then stuck the theirs on and sent it back. So far the replacement seems to work much better than my original. I don't think you'll get a Pre 2 as a replacement since it isn't even released yet. I am just hoping this one makes it another year till my upgrade is available. WebOS 2.0 should breathe a little more life into it.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    it's funny how some Pre's seem immune to alot of these issues and others are just plagued. I've had the same Pre since Sept 09 and the only issue was the speaker but I burned it up so I own that one. Plus it happened after a year and out of warranty so I just replaced it myself.

my daughter on the other hand has gone through SIX Pre's in the last 15 months, and she is meticulas in caring for them. The problems have ranged from power buttons to keys to not charging...and her newest one is cracking by the usb door.

As she was opening it she was able to slide it open with her thumb using one hand. I was amazed because I had never tried it that way and when I tried mine I saw a "wave" in the lcd close to the port. It made me wonder if that could be the cause if others open their phone that way. I use two hands.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a flaw, but it would explain alot....unless if it's been discussed already