1.    #1  
    Instead of splitting text messages over 160 characters in to 1/2, 2/2 then saying "preceding msg modified, etc." I now receive text bubbles of random characters, like this #Q()&*)(&*()&%*$(&W*($%&(*$&(*& with no text. Has anyone seen this before? What's the solution. I've tried restarting and pulling the battery and it still does it.

Thanks for any help.
  2.    #2  
    After 67 page views....no one has any idea? This is so frustrating, I'm at a loss.
    Remove patches. If that doesn't work, doctor it. ?
    Yeah, this is a new one. I've not seen posts about this, before. I'd suggest removing patches that affect the messaging app, if you have any, like Shansor suggested and if that doesn't help, try the Emergency Patch Recovery. Next step would be the WebOS Repair Utility and if that doesn't work, either, then a doctor.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleswine View Post
    Instead of splitting text messages over 160 characters in to 1/2, 2/2 then saying "preceding msg modified, etc." I now receive text bubbles of random characters, like this #Q()&*)(&*()&%*$(&W*($%&(*$&(*& with no text. Has anyone seen this before? What's the solution. I've tried restarting and pulling the battery and it still does it.

Thanks for any help.
    If a hard reset wasn't able to fix your problem then running a doctor should. Webos Doctor Versions. Locate your carrier/phone doctor version.

Good luck.
  6.    #6  
    I have no patches on my phone at all. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the phone not properly converting "enhanced messages" (those over 160 characters), to two or more standard SMS messages. The problem is - it randomly started doing this, with no change by me. The messages look like this

"ΣKf"$!Rg4Vs=jg4 Ψ#Ln7;=n0H6 IBp2HFCΛb:.+Hf2LF+Ht4Ξ-f9RnΔnb!Rl6ebq9Di3HVs=jg4Fyhh9 nrb4ZlR=d 9.&3a9ΘK8b0Xm2%J 3 mF!Ho;D"

I would like to avoid a Doctor if at all possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleswine View Post
    I have no patches on my phone at all. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the phone not properly converting "enhanced messages" (those over 160 characters), to two or more standard SMS messages. The problem is - it randomly started doing this, with no change by me. The messages look like this

"ΣKf"$!Rg4Vs=jg4 Ψ#Ln7;=n0H6 IBp2HFCΛb:.+Hf2LF+Ht4Ξ-f9RnΔnb!Rl6ebq9Di3HVs=jg4Fyhh9 nrb4ZlR=d 9.&3a9ΘK8b0Xm2%J 3 mF!Ho;D"

I would like to avoid a Doctor if at all possible.
    Well, you can try calling your carrier, but otherwise, I think doctoring may be your only option.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!