1.    #1  
    Three concerns from a new owner, looking for insight and advice:

1. it tends to run hot, especially when multitasking. is this normal?

2. Visualboy advanced installed. But NO gba games run well, only old gameboy color games run. what the heck is up with that? (same way with some SNES games, is my PPP faulty?)

3. sluggish UI. Switching cards, opening new cards, when multiple cards are open blah blah blah. it can be quite skippy and sluggish. i didnt expect it to be like this.
    Quote: 1. it tends to run hot, especially when multitasking. is this normal? Quote ends..

Yes, this is quite normal. Has long as it's not literally burning your hands.

Quote: 2. Visualboy advanced installed. But NO gba games run well, only old gameboy color games run. what the heck is up with that? (same way with some SNES games, is my PPP faulty?) Quote ends...

All my games run well and I have the pre minus. You might want to run a webos doctor on your device. www.palm.com/rom.

Quote: 3. sluggish UI. Switching cards, opening new cards, when multiple cards are open blah blah blah. it can be quite skippy and sluggish. i didnt expect it to be like this. Quote ends..

What were you expecting.. It's a phone it takes time to initiate features. What phone were you using before? The processor is 500mhz not 1ghz, maybe you should try overclocking the processor, or get a palm pre 2 when available.
    Quote Originally Posted by chargersfan85 View Post
    Three concerns from a new owner, looking for insight and advice:

1. it tends to run hot, especially when multitasking. is this normal?

2. Visualboy advanced installed. But NO gba games run well, only old gameboy color games run. what the heck is up with that? (same way with some SNES games, is my PPP faulty?)

3. sluggish UI. Switching cards, opening new cards, when multiple cards are open blah blah blah. it can be quite skippy and sluggish. i didnt expect it to be like this.
    Hey, if you dont like it. Get an Evo lol. Sounds like someone we'll all be forced to do if Palm doesnt announce something in January or we can all drive to the HP office with "Free the new Palm device" banners and start singing "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT...WE...'re..NOT GONNA TAKE IT...WE're NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYYYYYYYYYMMMMMOOOORRREEE"...Sounds like a plan?
    Last edited by Jason Black; 11/14/2010 at 02:26 PM.
    To beat the sluggishness, install Preware and overclock it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    +1 overclocking will amaze you and probable solve all of those issues.