1.    #1  
    So I have a Pre+ that I am trying to do the sprint pre+ com board swap trick on, and I'm having an issue that I think is hardware.

When Plugged in to USB, AC, or on the touchstone the phone doesn't charge if it is on. It actually continues to lose battery power, but at a slower rate. I've used Dr. Battery and can tell that when not plugged the battery drain is about -180 or so. When I plug in the phone via any method, the battery drain is reduced to about -20.

On my Sprint Pre battery usage while not plugged in is around -200 and when plugged in is +200.

I've done the webOS dr 3-4 times, done a full erase then a fresh Dr and have used JStop to verify nothing is running and eating the battery. At this point I can only assume there is a hard ware problem. If any one has any experience with the charging circuitry, please let me know what to look for or what to test to confirm that this is where the fault lies.

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    So I have a Pre+ that I am trying to do the sprint pre+ com board swap trick on, and I'm having an issue that I think is hardware.

When Plugged in to USB, AC, or on the touchstone the phone doesn't charge if it is on. It actually continues to lose battery power, but at a slower rate. I've used Dr. Battery and can tell that when not plugged the battery drain is about -180 or so. When I plug in the phone via any method, the battery drain is reduced to about -20.

On my Sprint Pre battery usage while not plugged in is around -200 and when plugged in is +200.

I've done the webOS dr 3-4 times, done a full erase then a fresh Dr and have used JStop to verify nothing is running and eating the battery. At this point I can only assume there is a hard ware problem. If any one has any experience with the charging circuitry, please let me know what to look for or what to test to confirm that this is where the fault lies.

Thanks,
    Check the token for either BATToRSP or BATToCH. You left 2 digits off. The token itself is long enough so that the last 2 digits don't show up on your screen when you look at it. That is your problem.

Edit: it is your BaTToRSP token.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  3.    #3  
    Wow, i was missing the last two numbers from BATToRSP. Are you in my VM grepping my files?

Let me roll this castle.xml back up and re-doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    Wow, i was missing the last two numbers from BATToRSP. Are you in my VM grepping my files?

Let me roll this castle.xml back up and re-doctor.
    I see all grandebob. I see all.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

5.    #5  
    Got my new custom dr built with the full token in it. Once I get home from stupid work I will re-doctor it and let you know what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I see all grandebob. I see all.
    Translation: He's either made the same mistake or helped a few others that did it!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7.    #7  
    After re-doctoring with the full BaTToRSP token it's working great. Thanks for your help. I am now another happy sprint pre+ user.
    Good deal man! Keep an eye on it. I've plussed four, and 3 of them have the horrible keyboard problems that seem to plague Verizon pre's. One also developed the "ghost touch" problem with the screen where it will randomly start registering touches all over the bottom of the screen, opening apps and making it impossible to use the phone. Not sure if that issue is related to the plussing, but with the keyboards I did swap out the Sprint kb's, and now they are nearly flawless. Makes a good stop-gap between the pre minus and the (hopefully) upcoming new Sprint device. Enjoy!

9.    #9  
    I've typed a few emails and texts, and haven't had any weird key repeats or anything like that. The keyboard on my plus has a nicer feel to it so I'm fairly happy. I'll keep an eye out for the ghost tapping. My plus came in practically mint condition.

My old minus is begining to show signs of wear. The power button is mushy, keyboard creeks and the slider is sticky with a slight oreo. The "upgrade" was perfect for me. Cost me about $50 for a bad ESN plus off of ebay and it will last me at least until CES when I can make a better decision on what to buy or wait for. I'm so happy with it, I made an extra donation to webOS internals since without them, I wouldn't have been able to pull this off.

My friend is scouring ebay for a plus for me to use to upgrade his. Now I know what to look out for.