Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Although I do believe Hardbeatz mine does has the red stripes but i know i have taken showers with it in the room.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  2.    #22  
    ok so hardbeatz- I just got my brand new replacement palm pre from Wirefly- the first thing I did was check the water sensors. on both the battery and under the flap in the battery compartment there is a white strip with the red stripes. So what do you think about that? do you think I got sent a refurb with signs of water damage or do you think that the strips are made like that (perhaps the red lines bleed if water damaged- my guess). Is it possible that these strips are unique to palms from wirefly?
    btw, in my damaged phone- the battery strip did turn pinkish/red all over but my phone water sensor (under the flap) is still white with red stripes. This leads me to believe that my phone could have been salvaged but my mistake was not removing the battery right away and also turning on to check if still working- guessing I shorted the whole thing- is that what you think happened? Also, since the phone itself doesn't appear water damaged based on the external strip do you think the internal would show water damage or perhaps just an electrical short? Sorry for all the questions- I am new to smartphones, the palm pre and this website. I just want to educate myself on the phone and make sure this doesn't happen again! I appreciate your input and if anyone else want to add feel free. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bonita19 View Post
    Sorry for all the questions- I am new to smartphones, the palm pre and this website. I just want to educate myself on the phone and make sure this doesn't happen again!
    How will knowing the answers to all those questions prevent you from dropping the phone in the toilet again?
  4.    #24  
    they won't but it better helps me understand how to fix if I do!
    I am banning myself from even entering a bathroom with my phone- if in public it will have to be in purse!
    Since you are on Day 5 or still within your window, you can add insurance to the phone.
    Are there Ranch Dressing sensors in the Palm Pre? My wife somehow dropped her Pre in her salad last night and got ranch dressing all over it. So far it seems to be working, but who knows if some got into odd spaces?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    My strips were completely white but I licked them to be sure they would change color. Now they show moisture damage - DOH

In all seriousness, if you know you damaged it with water, admit it, pay the fine and move on. If otherwise damaged, turn it in. Honesty is the best policy here.

The main thing is when a phone gets wet is to shut it offffff, remove the battery and allow to dry without adding heat. Only when you are sure it's dry try to turn it on. Now the problem is you have a moisture damaged phone that works. If you return for warranty ....

This happened to me, my Pre got soaked when I had a pipe fitting burst, indicators turned red but the phone recovered fine. Months later it was replaced for a different defect and the red stripe was not a problem as it was unrelated.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by djmcgee; 11/16/2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Added seriousness
    Dan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12