1.    #1  
    Sometimes when I am on a call and another call comes in, the Pre Plus just switches me to the new call instead of sending the caller to voice mail. The other caller is placed on hold. I use a blue tooth ear piece (BlueAnt). Typically I use the Touchstone and am not touching the Pre's screen.

I am running the updated WebOS and a Verizon customer

Any thoughts or suggestions out there?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Are you using any auto hang up patches? I used a patch a while back that would answer the call then quickly hang up, not allowing a voicemail to be left. Every time I was on a call and a number on my do not call list came up, it would switch to that call, placing the first one on hold.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
    Are you using any auto hang up patches? I used a patch a while back that would answer the call then quickly hang up, not allowing a voicemail to be left. Every time I was on a call and a number on my do not call list came up, it would switch to that call, placing the first one on hold.
    No Auto Hangup patches.
    I am using
    • GPS Fix for VZ Navigator
    • Enable Verizon aGPS Server
    • Custom Dialer (HP)
    • Homing Device

help.....
    Can you reproduce the issue without the bluetooth headset?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    this happens all the time with me. At first I thought it was a cool feature, but then one time I was talking to my brother in law and my wife called I hadn't realized it had switched over to my wife. I could imagine what would have happened if the situation was different. @hardbeatz now that you mention that I will try it w/o the bluetooth headset.
  6.    #6  
    I have not had the calls switch without the bluetooth headset, but then it doesn't happen much even with the bluetooth headset, just every once in a while. And I generally use the bluetooth headset - rarely use the phone without it.

Thirty minutes ago I was on 1 call while another came in. The 2nd call went into voice mail as it should have, with no problem.

very odd
  7.    #7  
    Now I have a new Palm Pre Plus from Verizon. It has begun switching between calls, both when I am using the bluetooth headset and when I am not. I have had this phone about a week now. No homebrew applications installed at all.

As I use the phone for business, this is very disturbing.

Any help out there?
  8.    #8  
    anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    This is one of the most annoying things I have found on the Pre. I used to think it was the fact that the phone was in my pocket and got "phantom touches," but have discovered it doesn't seem to have any regularity whatsoever. I've had a vanilla (fresh out of the box) unit, with corded headset, sitting on my dash, on a call, and see another call come up, and in less than a second I am talking to someone before my slow brain can even register who called. It's not the first time my annoyance with the priority given to the phone app has gotten on my nerves though.

On a side note, I sincerely hope background apps on >= WebOS 2.x are a lot better than they are now. It's not a deal breaker for me by any means, but to say it's a truly multitasking phone leaves a bit to be desired...
    My wife's phone started this thing where while she is on a call it will auto dial and conference in other numbers and fax numbers of the same contact. No clue how to stop this from happening.
  11.    #11  
    Not sure that switching calls and conferencing other in without warning fits HP's push into Secure Enterprise Computing. Maybe we can change the name of the OS to WebiLeaks.