1.    #1  
    Is there a way to get songs from Napster onto my Pre Plus? Is there any chance it's easy hooking my phone up to the USB and drag/drop the songs? I'm guessing not. What about ripping a song from CD and putting that on my phone? Thanks!
    you can drag files to your phone.

it will only play napster songs you actually buy. Subscription songs have drm and the pre won't play them.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you can drag files to your phone.

it will only play napster songs you actually buy. Subscription songs have drm and the pre won't play them.
    Hmmm...what's the difference b/w subscription and buying a song? I haven't actually used Napster in a while, but when I was getting songs on it I would just pay the $.99/song.

Thanks!
    subscription songs are protected by DRM and expire if you cancel the subscription. When you buy songs in mp3 format they will play on your pre. Same if you rip them from a cd into mp3.
  5.    #5  
    Awesome...thanks. You've answered far too many of my silly questions on here!
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Awesome...thanks. You've answered far too many of my silly questions on here!
    There are no silly questions only silly people!
    Here is another thread that may help you organize and tag your MP3 music files:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...er-images.html
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    also check out the media sync app for wireless transfer to your phone.
    Buy the soundtaxi application and then you can remove the DRM from the songs. If you are a napster to go customer then you can download songs unlimited by paying the subscribition fee and then run thru SoundTaxi and you have DRM-Free music.
  9.    #9  
    Is that the "WiFi Media Sync w/2-Way Sync" app?

I read over the instructions for that app, but don't quite understand how my Pre would wirelessly connect to my laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Is there a way to get songs from Napster onto my Pre Plus? Is there any chance it's easy hooking my phone up to the USB and drag/drop the songs? I'm guessing not. What about ripping a song from CD and putting that on my phone? Thanks!
    In fact it is exactly that easy. Connect to a computer with USB, you should get a prompt on the Pre to enable "USB" mode, and then it should show up as a USB drive on the PC (or mac). I suggest you make a folder for music, and then just copy (or drag/drop) the songs you want there. As long as they're in a format that webOS supports (e.g. MP3) and not copy protected, the Music app should find them.
    I use MediaMonkey to get music onto my Pre. It's also GREAT for cleaning up the music file tags as well as getting the album art to show up.