Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Ever since this morning, I haven't been able to send or recive texts, sending just returns a "message couldn't send. Try again" error, and says its because of network troubles. But I can make and recive phone calls, and use my 3G data as well (which I'm using right now) I was going to try a doctor or repair utility when I get home, but is there any other way?

I'm tried restarts, I've tried airplane mode toggle, I've tried phone radio toggle, I've done battery pull and reboot, I tried PRL update for the hell of it, any other ideas?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    bump

anyone?
    pay your bill and the problem will be solved!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    working in barrie, on.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i did pay my bill though! and calling and data still work, just not texting.. i'm running repair utility now, hopefully it works!
    Did you call your carrier?
    they can make calls so the bill isn't the issue
    I have a similar problem,sort of. My girlfriend got a new cell phone & number. I added it into my phone & fr some reason, I cannot text her and she can't text me. She can text other people and they her. I can text other people and they me. I tried to delete her off my phone and put her back in again,but it said something along the lines of GoogleTalk profiles can't be deleted, la-dee-dah... Now if I JUST enter her #, I can text her,but if I type her name and try and text, it doesn't even register that I texted her (ie no greyed text message that turns black...just nothing as soon as I press "paper airplane"... Facts, fiction, ideas, quarrels, complaints, opinions would be appreciated

edit I'm on Bell, she's on Solo
    I've had this problem before on my Bell Pre, but it only lasted about 15 minutes. Wait until tomorrow, if it still happens then give bell and call.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Well I doctored and waited till today, and its still ot working, so it has to be on bell's end. I'll give them a call after school

I would have chalked it up to Bell right away. I have had a few instances where certain services (data, text, phone) have stopped working usually for less than 15 minutes at a time as someone mentioned earlier.
    Doctoring seems an extreme step. I usually wait it out but if it lasted as long as your issue I still would call Bell before doctoring.
    Not sure if this applies, but there is/was a bug related to contacts & sms:
    message log not correctly associated with contact - Palm Support Community

A couple of months ago I had this problem with one contact (couldn't see her texts, app would grey out on her account). I tried EPR and a few other tools, but ended up having to doctor to fix it. While a bit of overkill for a seemingly minor glitch, Save/Restore makes it much less painful. Seems that keeping my primary photos folder streamlined keeps the camera app much happier, too, since I text pics regularly.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Well I try to avoid contact with bell as long as I can, I hate dealing with them, i'll call them when I get home