Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    So I have black tie on my Pre and I took it in for repair last month on the 16th of October. It was received at the factory repair center on the 21st. Since then there have been no updates to let me know what the status of the repair is. I have called them a few times and there is never any new news. "it can take up to 30 days" is all I get from them. I did learn that if they cant repair it they will give me a comparable phone for free.

During my wait my girlfriend surprised me with a new iPhone and I have since ported my number to ATT so im not too concerned about getting a new phone as much as curious what they consider comparable. The price of the sprint pre on best buys website is like $799 or something crazy whereas the ATT pre plus is listed at $499. Anyways does anyone know if they will give me $XX.XX store credit toward any phone. Or will it be certain phones with comparable features to the sprint Pre, or will it be only sprint phones?

Also, if they allow me to pick up any phone what should I get, knowing that I am just going to sell it on ebay in order to get the most possible money?
    Retailers will only take the original phone purchases, yes they log the serial numbers. Since the phone is either going to be reconditioned or replaced, the store will not take it back. If you do get the original phone back reconditioned, it wouldnt hurt to try as long as their not familiar with ##786# to check the recondstauts section. Otherwise, you could sell it for cash on ebay, craigslist, or here for a good price now since the phone has been disco from Sprint.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I am not going to try to sell the phone back to Best Buy. I am assuming that since it has taken so long to get no information regarding the repair that they will just tell me they will replace it, and if thats the case, what can I expect as a replacement?
    Every person I've seen here that has been offered a replacement only had very limited options. They were offered a HTC Hero or some Samsung phone (i believe it was the Samsung Instinct?). Basically, the options they give you will be terrible...
    Oh, and back when I used Best Buy's Black Tie service, it took hem almost 5 weeks to get me a replacement Pre. Their service is aweful...
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    so finally today, 4 weeks after I took my Pre in, they replaced it with a samsung transform. Unfortunately since I have since gotten an iPhone, I cant activate the Transform to play with it. I was hoping I could use it without activating it, but I cant. Ill probably just sell it on ebay now.
    You went from Sprint to ATT for an iPhone when everything points to VZW getting the iPhone in a few months? If anything, I would have taken an Epic 4G.....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...