View Poll Results: Will you contribute this telethon?

Voters
247. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I just made a donation

175 70.85%
  • Yes, I will make a donation soon

52 21.05%
  • No, but I have donated before

9 3.64%
  • No, I wont be donating during this fundraiser

13 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Please pardon my ignorance...but how does one get the HB supporter tag under your name?
    You had to make a donation of $30 or more to webOS internals during the web-a-thon (latest one ended Dec 1st.)

The web-a-thons happen periodically throughout the year.
  2.    #562  
    @nyallj

Some enthusiastic forum members decided to raise money to help fund the costs associated with buying hardware and operating the Preware servers, etc.

It happened once in the spring, and we did it again for the month of November.

The management of PreCentral wanted to show their support by offering that "title" to those donating at least $30 during November.

Chances are that there will be another fundraiser in the spring, when Palm's new phones and tablets become available. You can still donate to WebOS Internals or any other Homebrew developer at any time. It's a great way to keep them developing and updating their webOS patches and apps.

If you check the first 2 posts on the page one of this thread, you will see a longer explanation and a post from Rod Whitby of WOSI explaining what they are doing with what we raised. By getting them the funds to buy the Pre2 right away, it gave them a headstart on supporting webOS 2.0 so much if it will work by the time it becomes available to those of us with older phones.
    what's the total number of dollars donated to webosinternals from both the telethons, including before, and after?
  4.    #564  
    I think it's in the area of $6,700 for the last one, and around $8,800 for this one. THat should put the number around $15-$16k.

It takes a lot to buy development hardware, servers, hosting services, bandwidth, etc.

Bt I can't imagine using my phone without overclocking and some key patches.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    So will I get HB Supporter whenver my tally reaches $30? Or do I have to make $30 during a fund raiser event?
  6.    #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    So will I get HB Supporter whenver my tally reaches $30? Or do I have to make $30 during a fund raiser event?
    it was something the PC editors did as a promotion during the event.
    I donated $30 on Nov. 24th using the link from the first post. I have not received the HB Supporter title. Please help. THanks.
  8.    #568  
    Please send a PM to me with the email address you donated from. I will get that confirmed and get it updated. Don't post anything personal here, only in a PM.

Thanks!
  9.    #569  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    I made a donation, but *sniff sniff* dont show up in the donor list. Thanks internals for all you do.
    Did you notice that your "HB Supporter" badge was added? Thanks to Dieter.
    whats the deal with the colored half cell-phones underneath?
  11.    #571  
    they represent a sliding scale of post count in the forums. The more forum posts, the more little phones you earn. The more you have, the more posts it takes to earn the next one. If you have as many as I do, it means you need to spend more time with family and less time on Pre|Central
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they represent a sliding scale of post count in the forums. The more forum posts, the more little phones you earn. The more you have, the more posts it takes to earn the next one. If you have as many as I do, it means you need to spend more time with family and less time on Pre|Central
    Message received: Get back to work.
    Figured I'd bump this real quick and remind people about the great works of WebOS Internals and how donations keep them able to do really awesome things to our phones... so... bump
  14.    #574  
    Folks, I'm sure the WebOS Internals group can use your donations any time, and not just when the members create a focused fundraising event.

You can donate here throughout the year to help them with their operating costs.

Here is a final recap of this event:

For an alphabetical list of all donors click here

And click here for a list of members reaching the level of "HB Supporter".

I am closing this thread to prevent spam. I'm sure there will be another event like this several times in 2011. Thanks again for everyone's generosity!
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/11/2011 at 01:50 PM.
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829