View Poll Results: Will you contribute this telethon?

Voters
247. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I just made a donation

175 70.85%
  • Yes, I will make a donation soon

52 21.05%
  • No, but I have donated before

9 3.64%
  • No, I wont be donating during this fundraiser

13 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829 LastLast
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Remember that anyone donating $30 or more before Dec 1st will have their PC title changed to "Top Homebrew Supporter".
    It's still November 29 in California.

$30.

This should bring the total to $8195.
  2.    #502  
    nice! Lets keep it going!

I'm apparently still pretty loopy from anesthesia (according to my wife) so I will update the donor list tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 12/01/2010 at 09:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Lost track of time....just donated $40. I believe that brings the total to:

$8,275 (I think irateb's $40 was skipped)
  4.    #504  
    time for some evening donations. We are soooo close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    time for some evening donations. We are soooo close.
    Is the goal still 16k or has it come down some?
  6.    #506  
    $10k is what I think we are shooting for.
    Don't you lower your expectations, Cantaffordit!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Sorry I have to sit this telethon out, I hope that in the "coming months" I regain steady employment or maybe this friday i will win lotto 35mil. Then I would be happy to send 10k to each internals member. hey a man can dream can't he.

So for now I will put down a IOU 50$ for the new year. Thanks devs.
    OK, it's now well and truly Dec 1st, and according to http://www.precentral.net/donate-get...webos-20-video that is the last day when you can donate $30 or more and get to have your title in the PreCentral forums changed to "Top Homebrew Supporter."

So it's time to wrap up this telethon. I will post the final figure later today. If you want to squeeze in before the closing bell to get that title change, now is the time to do it ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 12/01/2010 at 07:52 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Just donated $30.

Thank you for all your hard work!!
    It's now Dec 3rd in the Chatham Islands, and unless you live in Pago Pago, American Samoa, it's no longer Dec 1st.

This telethon is officially finished.

WebOS Internals and Canuck Coding wish to thank everyone who has donated over the last month - your donations have already purchased 4 x Pre 2 devices, and enabled a number of applications and patches to be ported to webOS 2.0 already. We have also purchased a second-hand Sprint Pre to be used to continue the Sprint Pre 2 development effort.

The final telethon figure, including all published donations in this thread, all donations explicitly made anonymously, and all other donations that just happened to come in from anywhere during the period (so we don't know whether they are related to this telethon, or are just people donating for some other reason), totals ......

$8732.52

This community is awesome. 'nuff said.

Once HP starts sending out coupons, we will be purchasing the rest of the Pre 2 developer devices for Jason Robitaille and the US-based WebOS Internals developers. The remaining funds will be kept to enable us to cover ongoing server maintenance expenses for the ipkg.preware.org package feeds, and hopefully we'll have enough left over early next year to purchase a couple of next generation phones or tablets and get a start on homebrew for them.

Thanks again to everyone who donated, and a special thanks to the "Donation Leaders" who kept this thing going day after day.

[If you did donate $30 or more during the telethon, but did not post your amount in this thread, if you PM me your PayPal email address I will confirm your name to be added to the list. Donations received after this post are no longer eligible according to the rules that Dieter posted - you'll need to speak to him directly if you seek special dispensation.]

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  12.    #512  
    thanks for the Update Rod.

I will send you the donor spreadsheet shortly.
    This was a very successful telethon!
    Should start this up again in feb/march for the next gen devices, pending what happens at CES. With the increase of marketshare that the new products will bring should generate even more donations to the cause.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Well done People!!!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  16.    #516  
    All:

The donor list is updated in post #3. it is in (essentially) chronological order based on me just writing down each donation post in a spreadsheet. Those that didn't post right away will find themselves in order by post date. Those that PM'd me are listed as the PM arrived.

I will post some statistics shortly. We can all be proud of this amazing accomplishment, and know that WOSI is ahead of the game for every new device HPalm delivers!
  17.    #517  
    Everyone should check post#3 to make sure your name and total is correct. I have submitted my list to Rod and Dieter, so speak up if I missed something.

Here are some statistics - needless to say I am impressed:

Total Donors 193

Donors >$100 18
    Donors $30 to $99 116
    Donors under $30 59

The first telethon raised about $6,400
    This Thanksgiving edition raised just over $8,700
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 12/02/2010 at 02:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Rod if you or Jason need Sprint Pres please let me know. I tried to send you a PM but apparently your inbox is full. I am looking forward to having a Pre 2 on Sprint and I am more than happy to help anyway I can.
    Please add nxg125 @ $30 to the official donor list. The amount has already been accounted for in the total.

-- Rod