View Poll Results: Will you contribute this telethon?

Voters
247. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I just made a donation

175 70.85%
  • Yes, I will make a donation soon

52 21.05%
  • No, but I have donated before

9 3.64%
  • No, I wont be donating during this fundraiser

13 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
    Hi I'm trying to donate but I don't see a link at the first post. Am I missing something?
    http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki...edirected=true

Hmmm, I posted this from the mobile site on my Pre 2 and it was an active link there. Oh well. Bevcraw got it below.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 11/27/2010 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
    Hi I'm trying to donate but I don't see a link at the first post. Am I missing something?
    At the bottom of the first post, but here it is again:

WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals
    donated $30.00
    I've gone over the past few pages of this thread and noticed that a lot of "new" people (to the forums) have stepped up and donated. By "new" I mean they have a low post count.

That's really incredible and I hope some of the veteran posters will take notice and contribute what they can.
  5.    #445  
    $7,729.41 (2,275 to go! That means we need to average $80 per day until Christmas. So far we have averaged over $300 per day. This community is amazing.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    $7,729.41 (2,275 to go!)
    thats it, I will donate again wed, lets go people we are almost there.
    Maybe we should go through the last telethon, get all the usernames, and DM them about this one if they have not donated already. Forum Telemarketing?
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Maybe we should go through the last telethon, get all the usernames, and DM them about this one if they have not donated already. Forum Telemarketing?
    thats not a bad idea how about it?
    I'm all for promoting, but how would you feel if your church (place of worship of your choosing) contacted you and said, "Hey we noticed you gave $30 a few months ago, we would like you to give again."?

It is a donation afterall and while we all recognize the value of what we are contributing to, you must also recognize how rare something like this is.

I would recommend simply continuing to promote it the way we are.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  10.    #450  
    I have to change my mind and agree with pastorrich. Thanks, sir.
    Thank you all for everything. Just donated my $30.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
  12.    #452  
    $7,759.41
    I have to change my mind and agree with pastorrich. Thanks, sir.
    I am just trying to be sensitive to how people feel about these types of things (I have a good bit of personal experience in this area), especially at holiday times when finances are stretched anyway.

We have had an amazing turnout already and I am sure more will give over the next number of weeks, especially if Dieter makes another front page Pre Central announcement. That I feel is a pretty good certainty considering the pace that WebOS 2.0 Homebrew development is taking place.

Inside a couple of weeks there will be a lot of noteworthy things to point out and it all comes back to this telethon and the amazing generosity, trust and support from this community for our developers.
    Donated 50$
  15.    #455  
    @pastorrich I am agreeing with you.
  16.    #456  
    $7,809.41
    @pastorrich I am agreeing with you.
    Yep, I know. Thanks. I was just explaining further for others sake.

Keep the good work! You have done a great job with this effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I'm all for promoting, but how would you feel if your church (place of worship of your choosing) contacted you and said, "Hey we noticed you gave $30 a few months ago, we would like you to give again."?

It is a donation afterall and while we all recognize the value of what we are contributing to, you must also recognize how rare something like this is.

I would recommend simply continuing to promote it the way we are.
    I considered this, which is why I did not just do it. Almost called it "forum spam", but telemarketing is the same thing

I'll still argue to Rod that Preware needs the ability to have notifications built into the app for things such as this. Not so much advertising, but notifications. Sometimes just spreading the word is the biggest hurdle to overcome.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    I considered this, which is why I did not just do it. Almost called it "forum spam", but telemarketing is the same thing

I'll still argue to Rod that Preware needs the ability to have notifications built into the app for things such as this. Not so much advertising, but notifications. Sometimes just spreading the word is the biggest hurdle to overcome.
    I agree, an ability to mass notify every single user of Preware would be a great way to remind them how much to be thankful for and encourage their continued support.
  20.    #460  
    sooooo, who is next to donate? Beuhler? Anyone?