View Poll Results: Will you contribute this telethon?

Voters
247. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I just made a donation

175 70.85%
  • Yes, I will make a donation soon

52 21.05%
  • No, but I have donated before

9 3.64%
  • No, I wont be donating during this fundraiser

13 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    We need someone in the Palm developer program to approach Palm about a grant or matching donation. Is there anyone in the dev program that would be willing to approach developer relations at palm? I'm not a dev, so I'd get caught in their spam filter.

Let me know if there are any volunteers.

Thanks!
    I posted in the other thread hoping that there would be a twitter frenzy over getting this done (similar to how Rod Whitby's travel to NYC later this month was paid for by HP/Palm), but that never happened.

I also figured it is better to get one post at the Palm Developer Forums rather than a hundred emails to Chuq (which he would not exactly appreciate).

As a result, I posted (in the off topic forum) on the Palm Developer Forums a post about this. You can see it at Forums webOS • View topic - webOS Internals Pre2 telethon

Edit: heh.. Look at the tag "webos interbals"
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 11/10/2010 at 06:40 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  2.    #22  
    nice message
    just donated $5.00. Tx for all you do!!
  4.    #24  
    $1,755 is the current total.

Step right up and be the next to donate while the lines are short.
    + $100
  6.    #26  
    Thanks!

Up to $1,855 and climbing.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 11/10/2010 at 09:45 PM.
    10 clams on the way....

Hope you get to work on a "Super-WebOS" device real soon!
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    just donated $50.

Please, if you use preware or patches or mode switcher, please pony up a few bucks. Any amount is appreciated
    Donated $50

This is my first donation and it is long overdue.

Keep up the good work, my phone would be lost without you.
    donated. Thanks for your continuing work on the best platform for mobile devices
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Dropped $30 your way. Glad to help keep it going. Sure hope HP/Palm do their part
    Dan
    $5 donated.

I don't actually have any homebrew patches, etc on my phone, but I know those guys are a big part of what makes the Pre community (and this forum!) work so great. They answer many of my questions.
    Last edited by YankBoy; 11/11/2010 at 07:45 AM.
  13.    #33  
    We are at an even $2,000 (plus whatever anonymous donations Rod has seen lately).

Who wants to be next?
    I just donated $150 - no where near the cost of a new phone, but at least a decent gesture to pay for the improvement in performance and enhancements with all of those incredible patches.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the hard work you guys/gals do.

Govnah and UK alone have allowed me to use my Pre+ with smoothness and power, just the way WebOS was meant to be.

Simply said: Thankyou!!!!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

15.    #35  
    Very nice. $2,150 and climbing. Let's keep it going to $16,000 before year end. That way people can give several times as budgets permit.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    $25 - Done!

Good luck guys and keep up the great work! Recently had to swap my Pre (lasted since August 2009 until the touchscreen stopped working) and Save/Restore was a GODSEND!!!!!
  17.    #37  
    $2,175

Who is next?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Donated $20.

webOS was awesome. Then came webOS Internals and Jason R., and webOS became the best. I can't wait to install Preware on my webOS 2.0 Palm super device!
  19.    #39  
    $2,195

Who wants to make it 2225?
  20.    #40  
    OK, donor list is updated to this point. Please let me know if I missed anyone!

Now where are the people willing to skip Starbucks for a day and donate $5
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast